88. Real Life pt 1

REAL LIFE PART ONE

Grant had parked at a fire hydrant, a block away from the hospital in Atlanta

Grant had parked at a fire hydrant, a block away from the hospital in Atlanta. He didn't care where he parked - he could easily just pay off a ticket with the money he had - he only cared about getting to Addie, and being by her side.

He was so curious about what was going on, and what had happened to his best friend, his love. Grant rushed inside the hospital, straight to the front desk, wanting to get information fast. He had to wait a few minutes, but that bugged him even more, making him more anxious.

So, he picked up his phone and called Chris. In his luck, Chris has picked up within two rings.

"What floor?" Grant immediately asked.

"Fifth floor. Third room from the elevator."

"Thanks." Grant hung up quickly, and rushed to the elevator.

As soon as a minute passed from waiting for the elevator, Grant pressed the sixth floor button and the close doors button aggressively fast, in hopes that he can hurry up to his love.

In just three minutes, Grant had finally reached the floor, and ran to the room number. He stopped in the door way, looking at Lizzie, Chris and Anthony, all around Addie.

"Baby, oh baby..." Grant walked over and sat on her hospital bed, caressing her sweaty and puffy face- she looked like she'd been crying for a while.

Addie didn't speak. She didn't want to. She just stared ahead.

"What happened? Are you okay- is the baby okay?" Grant asked. "Why won't she answer?"

Lizzie stood up and held onto Grant. "I think it's best you talk to the doctor. And then come back to her, okay? I'll be here with her, and Ant. Chris'll go with you."

"Come on," Chris guided his hand onto Grants shoulder.

"I love you, okay?" Grant told Addie. In response, Addie nodded and squeezed his hand, before he left the room with Chris.

"Hi, excuse me nurse? Can we speak to Adeline's doctor. This is her boyfriend and I think it's important-"

"Of course, just one moment." The nurse replied to Chris.

"Do you know? What happened..." grant asked.

"Yeah, I know. I was hoping Addie would- could- tell you. But, she's too-"

"Dr. Steen," The dr introduced himself. Grant shook his hand.

"Grant." He replied. "What's going on? Is she okay? Is our baby okay?"

"Let's get you calm, okay? Let's sit down, and talk." Dr Steen spoke. Grant nodded his head with his heart pounding, and his head on the edge of getting a headache.

"Now, before I just dive in and tell-"

"I'm sorry to be disrespectful, but Dr. I want to know what's wrong, now. So that I could go in there and be there for my girl." Gran rushed.

"Mr. Gustin, Adeline..."

-
lil baby cliffhanger 💔
update me on your life! I care!