103. Real Life

REAL LIFE

The day after the couple arrived back home in New York, they spent the day with their parents and Grant's brother. They decided to go out early for breakfast someone, as their parents and Tyler were getting ready to surprise Addie and Grant with a little gift.

"Tyler I missed you." Addie said, hugging him tight.

"I've missed you more." He smiled. "Candice is joining us today- if that's okay with everyone."

"I think that's okay." The parents agreed.

"Candy," Addie smiled. "I'm okay with that. She is part of our family now that you've been together for a while."

Tyler blushed and picked up his camera off the living room table.

"Okay!" Addie's mom, Anne said. "Let's go."

"You better take some great ass photos of me today." Addie said.

"Will do." Tyler snapped a picture of her while she looked away.

"Ew no. Stop." Addie laughed.

Everyone left the house, and began walking the streets of Brooklyn.

"I love seeing you laugh and joke around. Especially today." Grant said, as his arm was wrapped around Addie's shoulder.

Addie blushed, and kissed his hand.

When they arrived at the diner/restaurant, they saw Candice waiting for the family.

"Addie!" Candice stood up and engulfed her in a hug. "My love I missed you so much. How are you?"

"I'm better. I've missed you too." Addie smiled enormously.

"No love for me?" Tyler said.

"Quit it, I've seen you for the past two months here." Candice patted him on the shoulder. "Besides, I missed my girl."

Everyone sat down together, ordered their food and drinks, and all talked together.

Addie felt very happy for the first time in a while, and Grant was feeling calm and proud that she was able to get back to herself and come back home got a while. He knew that's what she needed.

"You guys are staying for the week?" Grant's mom, Tina, asked them.

"Yeah, we're hoping to just stay home." Grant said.

"Just to spend time with you guys." Addie smiled.

"We missed you both, so much. We wish we could've came out there instead of you guys coming all the way back here." Addie's father John said.

"No, no. It's fine actually. I thought it would be best for us to leave LA for a little bit. Be at home." Grant said.

"I feel better out here. It's our real home, after all." She held Grants hand softly. "Where's Gracie? She couldn't make it?"

"She took a vacation since school ended last year and she hadn't been able to." Tyler said. "She did tell me to tell you that she loves and misses you a lot."

"I miss her too."

Everyone began eating away at their breakfast, drinking their coffee. There was barely any talking; just because of the food being so good.

"I really want to tell them our surprise for them and all of us!" Grants dad said, as he finished his coffee.

"Oh, no. Surprise?" Addie shook her head as she laughed. "I can't with surprises."

"I love them." Grant laughed. "Does everyone know but us?"

"Yep!" Tyler said. "You guys are so lucky with this! I'm upset that we couldn't get us tickets but- ow!" Candice slapped him in the shoulder.

"Babe stop," she laughed. "Your dad is telling them right now."

"Like Ty was saying," his mom said. "We couldn't get tickets for all of us a couple months ago, but we did manage to get two."

"Tickets to what?" Addie asked. "Ooh, the Mets!"

"Tickets are hard to get to see the Mets play a game." Tyler laughed.

"Well, what is it?" Grant said, very antsy about the surprise.

"This Friday night," her mom began, "you and Grant are off to see Hamilton." The parents had huge smiles on their faces as Tyler and Candice smiled along, looking at the couple in front of them.

"This is a joke! Don't like to me, mom." Addie said.

"They're not!" Tyler said. "It's real. Saw the tickets and everything."

"My dream has come true." Addie laughed. "I can't control my excitement. Oh my god."

"You guys are the greatest parents ever." Grant said to his and Addie's parents. "Shit, this is amazing."

"Friday!" Addie turned to Grant. "Four days, Gustin. FOUR!"

"You're so cute." He said, as she hugged his side.

"Thank you guys, so much. It really means a lot." Addie smiled, as she got up to hug her parents and his as they got ready to leave.

"I love you guys." Grant said.

"You're welcome loves," Addie's mom said.

-

ALEXANDER HAMILTON.
mynameis
ALEXANDER HAMILTON.

My love for Hamilton is extreme so of course I had to throw this in here. Can't believe it's been like two months since I've seen it 😭❤️