59. Real Life

REAL LIFE

"Did I miss my birthday?"

Grant woke up from a familiar voice, as he sat up quickly and noticed his girl staring at him.

"Baby." Grant whispered, as he held her hand tightly. "I'm so happy- I'm so-"

"I love you." Addie said.

"I love you so much more, my strong girl." Grant smiled, as he started tearing up.

"So, did I miss my birthday?" She repeated.

"It's the day after. Happy late twenty seventh." Grant smiled.

"Where's my gift?" Addie joked.

"I'm planning something. But wait, let me get the doctor, okay? We have great news though. That's my gift to you, and I hope you like it." Grant hoped that she wouldn't freak out about her pregnancy... he didn't want her to break his heart again with her plans about her future.

"News? What great news can be so much greater and better than me awakening? I am the Queen, after all." Addie gloated, like she hadn't just woken up from a small coma, like she hadn't been hurt.

"Wow, I can't believe I like you." Grant chuckled, as he wiped his face.

"Love!" Addie groaned, as she corrected him, watching him walk out the room.

As Grant got the doctor, Addie closed her eyes and rested. She knew she had to take it
slow, but she had to use the bathroom- bad. So, being her, she got up slowly and made her way to the bathroom and closed the door.

"Addie, the doc-" Grant realized she was gone, out of her bed. "Addie? Addie, where the hell are you?"

"Bathroom, you idiot." She opened the door as she slowly walked to the bed. Grant held her waist and hand, guiding her just in case.

"Hi, Adeline. I'm your doctor, Doctor Emma Johnson." She introduced herself, as Addie laid down. "Grant wanted me to break the news to you- guys are always too nervous to announce things," the doctor joked.

"To confirm as well," she smiled, "You are a month pregnant."

"I'm- I'm what?"

"Preg-"

"No I heard. I- I'm shocked." Addie said.

"I'll leave you two alone." The doctor smiled, and walked out closing the glass door.

"Add-"

"We can talk about this later." Addie closed her eyes. "I just want to rest and be here with you. And eventually leave this freaking place. I hate hospitals."

Grant silently laughed, relieved that she didn't freak out about her pregnancy.

"Whatever you say, baby." Grant muttered. "When you get better, and out of here, we'll take a little vacation I had planned for your birthday."

"Sounds great." Addie spoke, as she gripped onto his hand. "I love you.

"I love you."

-