89. Real Life pt 2

REAL LIFE PART TWO

"Mr Gustin, Adeline has had a miscarriage

"Mr Gustin, Adeline has had a miscarriage. I'm so sorry for her and yours loss. I truly am." Dr. Stern said. "I will give you some privacy to absorb the news, again, I'm sorry."

Grant watched the Dr as he announced the tragedy, and got up and left Grant. His heart was broken. It didn't feel real to him at all, and he wanted to just wake up- but he couldn't. Because it was real. His eyes started to tear, and he couldn't move from his seat.

Chris grabbed on to his shoulders, and gave him a quick rub, before helping him stand up. The moment Grant turned around, was the same moment Chris had engulfed him in a tight hug.

"You don't know how much I feel for you and Ads right now." Chris muttered. "Come on, lets go back to her."

Lizzie and everyone including Chris, left the hospital room for their privacy.

"How's your body feeling? Do you need anything?" Grant asked.

Addie bit her lip then sighed. Slowly, she began to speak. "My head... and- and my heart."

Grant's eyes closed at the last part of her sentence. His heart broke even more for her and himself. "Oh love."

Addie reached for him, and he obliged. He stood up, and moved Addie over to the left side of the bed, so that he could lay down next to her. She molded into his side, as he caressed her face, and held onto her right hand.

"I love you, so much."

She nodded, and closed her eyes.

Later, when it reached night, Addie had fallen asleep from being exhausted from crying and being in pain. Grant had stood by her side, still lying down next to her.

Everyone had said their goodbyes for the night, then left to give the couple privacy to talk, even to mourn.

Grant thought it might be good to talk to someone, especially someone he loves, so he slowly got off the bed and made his way to the bathroom of her room, and sat in the floor to call his dad.

"Dad?"

"Grant, hi! Is everything okay? It's midnight in New York right now."

"I know, I'm sorry- I just... I just needed to tell you this, and you need to let mom know too." Grant spoke, his voice getting shaken up. He didn't want to cry again.

"What's wrong? You don't sound too good."

"It's Addie- it's us.. she lost the baby, dad. We lost our child." Grant ran his fingers through his growing brown hair.

"Are you serious? Grant, I can't even- I'm so speechless right now. Son, I'm sorry."

"I can't even function, Ad can't even speak or move. She's too heart broken." Grant spoke.

"Have you spoken to her parents yet? I don't think it would be in my right place to tell them, even though we've known them forever..." his dad said.

"I was just about to call them afterwards. Addie can't even speak right now. It's hurting hurt, more than me for sure." Grant said.

"She's going to need you more than ever, just as much as you need her. Remember that, son." His dad spoke through the phone.

Grant sighed and nodded, even though his dad couldn't see him.

"I love you dad." He said.

"I love you too. Your mom says she loves you and Addie."

"We love her too."

"See you soon?"

"See you soon." Grant said, and hung up.

Grant took minutes in the bathroom looking at himself in the mirror. Red puffy eyes, messy hair. He couldn't recognize himself. His dream of finally being a father and starting a family with his best friend, had been crushed so quickly. He couldn't believe it, and he couldn't believe that he and Addie would never be able to meet or know their child.

After moments of trying to get back to himself, he washed his face and slowly went back to her, lying down and cuddling her into him.

She sniffed, as she stirred, silently speaking, "Where were you?"

"Don't worry about it." Grant caressed her hand, kissing her head. "Just talking to my dad."

"Did you-"

"Yeah..." He closed his eyes. "I will talk to your parents tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you."

Addie nodded in response, holding onto his side tightly, as Grant did the same.

The only difference was, Grant was holding onto her, hoping that she wouldn't go too.

-
To try and brighten up the mood, comment your favorite funny vine/YouTube video 💃🏼