92. Real Life

"But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old. Just say you won't let go, Just say you won't let go."
James Arthur Say You Won't Let Go
REAL LIFE
Time Skip: One week after the miscarriage

Addie stood by the window in her and Grant's LA apartment, waiting for him to come home from doing food shopping

Addie stood by the window in her and Grant's LA apartment, waiting for him to come home from doing food shopping. But, she had a feeling she couldn't eat- again. Addie hadn't been eating for awhile, but when she did, she would nip at somethings, but leave the rest for either Grant to eat, or be put back away.

Grant, today, was hoping that she'd eat again, and at least try being back to herself. But maybe that will take time after everything.

She finished up crying by the time he came home. But she hadn't noticed that he went straight to her, holding her from behind.

"You know I'm here, right?" Grant whispered, leaving a kiss behind her ear.

She hummed in response, as her body was stiff.

"Addie?" Grant asked, trying to turn her around.

"Addie babe, I know this has been a rough week, but we're going to get through this, okay? Together."

"I don't... I just-" Addie's breath got quicker, as she tried not to cry, again. "I think I need time to..."

"Addie, don't shut me out, okay? Please, don't." Grant pleaded. "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere. We're in this together. Always."

Grant sighed, as she walked past him to sit on the couch. She didn't sit back. She sat on the edge and stared down at the coffee table.

He followed her, but kneeled down in front of her, grabbing onto both of her hands.

"I can't give you... what you want." She breathed out. "This isn't what you want- you want a family. You want a wife. And I - I can't give you that.

"No. I don't care anymore-"

"But that's what you want. Deep down inside. You're being selfish, Grant. This is not what you want. You don't want to not have kids. You don't want to have a girlfriend your whole life."

This was the most she had spoken in these last couple of weeks. And he wasn't taken back.

"You don't get it do you?" Grant asked, furrowing his brows. He lets go of her hands, and placed them at her hips, squeezing tight as he still kneeled in front of her.

"Right now, and forever, I only care about being with you. Even if you can't give me what I want, I care about us. I care about wanting to be with you forever- loving you forever." He laid his head on her lap.

"I don't-"

"Please. Don't let me go, don't let us go. I just don't want you to make excuses for pushing me away."

"You do know I love you?" She whispered.

"Of course, baby. Of course I do."

"And you love me?" she asked.

"Without a doubt."

"If you love me, you'll go and be happy. I can't give you-"

"Stop it, please." Grant sighed.

They stood quiet, until he pleaded for her, holding her tight.

"Sorry." She muttered, getting up.

Grant grabbed her hand, but she got up and left the room only to go back to their room near their kitchen in the apartment, leaving him in a depressed mood, as he fell to the floor with his hand in his lap.

-
;(

I've got so many things going on that I just want to crawl up into a ball and just hide away That's all.