Chapter 19

"...but it will be a great miracle if Ms. Adkins can still survive..."

"You mean she's alive?" My eyes widened, hoping for a positive answer.

"Yes, but what I had said... We need miracle." The doctor pat my back.

"My poor baby... When can we see her?" Aunt Penny sobbed as Laura comforted her.

"Later at around 7 pm. She's on room A521" the doctor left us as we all went back to the bench.

"I thought I'm going lose my baby..." Aunt Penny is still crying.

"That's not gonna happen Aunt, Adele is a strong woman." Laura said with teary eyes.

I remained silent as the events awhile ago flashes on my mind.

What if I never left her? What if I came back home earlier?... What if it was all too late?

I can't forgive myself if Adele's not gonna make through this. She's my life and my one and only, I can't live without her.

"Hey Si, Adele will be okay..." Laura sniffed and rubbed my back.

"Yeah, yeah. She's a fighter." I faintly smiled.

"By the way, where's peanut?" I asked Penny.

"We left him to Daniel, he's on good hands." Laura answered.

"Thank you so much Lau." I gently tousled her hair.

"I'll ignore that tonight Simon." Laura half smiled as she fixed her hair.

The three of us became silent again and it's kinda killing me.

"By the way Si, can I ask you something?" Laura broke the silence.

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

"I called Adele the other day and she answered with a broken voice... Have you two been into a fight?"

"Actually no. I have no idea why she became cold towards me when the last time I called her."

"Then why is she crying on that day?"

"I did my best to contact her but it seems like she blocked my number... I really have no idea Lau..." I placed my hands on my face.

"Everything will be fine Si... We just have to wait for Adele..."

A/N: writer's block! Dafuq! I just made this to proceed on the next events, as you can see... Well, maybe I'll see you later x (idk)

- A.