Chapter 23

We all went inside Adele's room and I saw her lifeless body lying on the bed. The machines are still intact to her body, and you can see the sufferings she had been through. This is not the Adele I know... My Delly was a strong and a happy woman, unlike what she is right now.

I can't do this. I can't stand seeing my life taken away from me.

Me and peanut stood near the door as I stared blankly on the floor. My ears was filled with cries and mournings of Penny and Laura. My mind was completely blanked as my heart froze by the cold.

"Mummy..." Peanut's voice snapped me out from being dead inside.

My son... He was too young to lose a mother. He don't deserve what is happening right now. I need Adele but our son needed her most... What are we going to do? How are we going to continue our life without Adele?...

Penny and Laura went to me and comforted me. We all wept before they left my family alone.

Peanut and I slowly walked to Adele's bed. My knees are shaking, my lips are quivering, my eyes are clouded by my tears.

"Mummy, mummy please wake up! I'm here, peanut's here mummy!" Angelo reached for Adele's body so I placed him on the top of her bed.

"Mummy, open your eyes. I need to see you smiling mummy. I want to snuggle with you..." Angelo lifted Adele's hand and put it on his face.

"Daddy, why is mummy not answering me? Is she mad at me?" Angelo turned his head to me as I saw his eyes already turned red.

I don't know how to explain this to peanut. I can't say it directly coming from me...

"Peanut... Mummy rested now..." My tears are now falling as my heart crushes from my own words.

"No daddy! Mummy told me that she's not going to leave us! Mummy! You pinky pwomised! You told me that you're going to wait for me and daddy. We are now here mummy, wake up now..." Angelo held Adele's face as he laid beside her.

Seeing my son experiencing life's bitterest moments, makes me wanna die. Peanut needs Adele, every son needs his mother.

"Mummy! Wake up now please!" Angelo gently tugged on her hospital gown, begging Adele to see him in the eye.

"Babe..." I went closer to her and held her pale hand.

"Come back please... I need you..." I kissed her hand and cried on it.

"You promised to stay with me till our last breath... Adele, you are my life... You're the reason why I wake up every morning... You're still going to be my wife babe... I will still wait for you down the aisle. Please don't do this to me..." I hugged her waist and laid my head on it.

I can't let her go. Letting her go is like killing myself from the inside...

A/N: I've got bottles of water beside me in case I'll be dehydrated from crying lol x

- A.