Chapter 20

Adele was in the hospital for almost 3 days now. The doctors said that she was not improving at all. Aunt Penny already donated 1 1/2 bags of blood to her but her body keeps on refusing it.

"Mr. Konecki, she can't-"

"No! My girlfriend is still fighting! Why do you keep on telling us that we should let her go? Can't you see? She's still breathing! Adele is-" I was cut off by Laura as I gasped.

"Dr. Adams, we're willing to wait for my best friend to wake up... Even if it will take forever..." Laura rubbed my back.

"Okay, the family's decisions will be our command. I'll see you then... I'm sorry Mr. Konecki..." Dr. Adams pat my back and gave me a faint smile.

I just returned the smile, probably a forced one. As he left, I sat back beside Adele.

"Hey Si, I think you should take a rest... You've been here for straight 3 days and-"

"I'm okay Lau... I want to be the first one that Adele's gonna see when she woke up..." I rubbed her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'll call you right away if Adele starts to move her fingers or blink her eyes..." Laura smiled at me.

"Are you sure it's okay for you Lau?"

"Of course Si! Adele's my best friend too!" Laura giggled a little bit.

"Baby, I'll just go home and see peanut. I promise I'll be back and I'll bring our son with me. He's been dying to see you Delly, so you better wake up okay?" I gently kissed her forehead as my tears fell on it.

"Thank you Lau." I pecked Laura's cheek and went out of the room.

I drove straight to Penny's house to collect peanut. As I was on my way, my mind was flooded by Adele.

Flashback...

"You think Adele's gonna like this?" I asked Sofia as I admired the ring I personally chose for her.

"Of course Si! Diamonds are girls best friend!" Sofia smiled as she did the same way.

"I'm so excited Sof... She's gonna be mine." I closed the box and put it inside my jacket.

"I too bruv! I'm happy for the both of you!" Sofia rested her arm on my shoulder and tousled my hair.

I can't wait to come back to London, to my home... Adele...

End of flashback...

I took out the box that was still inside my jacket. I opened it as my tears fell, seeing the ring that Adele should wear.

"Please baby, you have to fight... You'll still going to be my wife and we will grow old together... We've just started living our dream, so please Adele, please fight for me and peanut..." My vision was blurred by the tears on my eyes. I was so caught under my sorrow that I forgot I was driving.

My eyes was almost blinded by a bright light in front of me. I heard a pinging sound from the tires and break.

What's happening?

A/N: I'm sorry I did not post any update yesterday because I was so heavily sick 😷 but I'm kinda fine right now 😊 Btw, I made a new book about Adele and it was entitled as "Love In The Dark". That book was supposed to be uploaded after this novel but I cannot take it anymore, my ideas are already killing me lol. A little information about " LITD": a heavy drama novel 😂. So I hope to see you around all! x

- A.