Chapter 21

"Men! Are you drunk?" I heard a man from the outside, knocked on my window.

I opened my eyes and touched my body.

I'm alive!

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." I quickly scrolled down my window and shamefully talked to the man.

"You better be safe next time okay?"

"Yes, yes. Thank you..." I took hold of the steering wheel again and continued driving.

Thank God, that man's truck has a firm break. I should have died...

I quickly wiped my tears away and finally pulled my car on Aunt Penny's driveway.

"Daddy!" Peanut leaped on my arms as soon as he saw me entered the house.

"Are you sure, you wanna take care of Angelo?" Penny rubbed my back.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks Aunt Penny..." I faintly smiled.

"You want a cup of tea? I'm sure you're very tired Simon..." I nodded and we went to the kitchen.

"Daddy, where's mummy?" Angelo lightly tugged on my shirt as he sat on my lap.

"Mummy's just resting baby, you'll see her soon..." I gently tousled his hair.

"That's what gwandma said the other day..." Angelo pouted.

"You'll gonna see her tomorrow angel, I promise..." I'm almost teary eyed.

"Pinky pwomise daddy?" Angelo raised his little pinky.

"Pinky promise baby..." I interlocked our pinkies and kissed his nose.

Penny and I had a little talk before we went home.

"I'll visit Delly, tomorrow before afternoon." She said as she walked us to her door.

"Okay, I'll see you then aunt." I hugged her with peanut on my arms.

"Bye gwandma!" Angelo pecked her cheek.

"Bye baby!" With that, we went to the car and I buckled peanut on his seat.

The whole drive was in complete silence 'cause I don't know how to tell Angelo about Adele's condition.

"Daddy?" I looked at the rear mirror view and I saw Angelo slightly crying.

"Why are you crying peanut? Are you okay?"

"Mummy's in the hospital?" His lips started to indicate that he was about to cry.

"Uhm..."

"I heard what gwandma said to you awhile ago..." Tears began to fall down his small face.

"Oh peanut..." I unbuckled my seatbelt and reached for him.

I can't stand seeing my Angelo cry because he always reminds me of his mum. Looking at his eyes is like looking at Adele's.

"Daddy... Tell peanut, mumma's okay..." Peanut's cry starts to get a little bit loud.

"Mummy's okay Angelo, she just need to rest. Don't cry champ, mummy can do it. She can do it for all of us..." I swept away his bangs as he carved his eyes.

"It's my fault daddy..." Angelo cried on my chest.

"Why baby?" I lifted his chin and stared into his green orbs.

"...because I left mummy alone. You told me to take care of her, but I left mummy alone. It's my fault daddy..." Angelo broke down completely.

"Hey peanut. Listen." I quickly wiped his tears away as mine was uncontrollably falling.

"It's not your fault, and it will never be your fault okay? You've been a very good baby to mummy and you've done so much to make her happy. Angelo, you know mummy and I loves you so much right?" I sniffed as I caressed his red little cheeks.

Angelo just nodded as his lips still quivers.

It was your fucking asshole father who was responsible for all of this. He is a sadist maniac.

"So don't you ever think that this was your fault because it doesn't peanut, okay?" I half smiled.

"Yes daddy. I love you daddy... You and mummy..." Angelo wiped his cheeks with his little hands.

"We love you too baby..." I gently kissed his forehead like what I always do to his mother.

"Stop crying daddy... Mummy don't want to see us crying..." Angelo, with his all effort, put a smile and gently wiped my tears away too.

"Yes baby... We need to be strong for mummy." I hugged peanut and held him tightly.

Each one of us needs to be strong for one another... Especiall for Adele...

A/N: yeah, I'm just loving how drama is 💞 x

- A.