Chapter 22

I woke up to my phone ringing beside me.

"Hello Laura?" I asked still sleepy while I carved my eyes.

"Simon! You need to come back here! Now!" Laura was almost choking.

"Calm down Lau, what happened? Did Adele woke up already?" I carefully sat up and covered peanut with the duvet more.

"Worst Simon! A-adele is..." Laura began to cry.

"What Laura? Tell me." My hands are now trembling as sweats trickle down from my temples.

"A-adele is hovering between life and death Simon. You need to be here, she needs you..."

"We'll be there." I immediately hung up the phone and carried peanut with me.

"Daddy?" Angelo lifted his head from my shoulder as I buckled him to his car seat.

"I'm sorry for waking you up baby... But... But your mum needs us now..." My lips started to judder as Angelo took hold of my face.

"What happened to mummy daddy?" He began to tear up like me.

"We're going to find out baby as soon as we get to the hospital." I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead and I ran to my seat.

We swiftly went to the hospital and we rushed to Adele's room.

"Simon!" Laura said as she run towards us, crying.

Penny got Angelo from me as I talked to Laura.

"What happened Lau?" I placed my hand on my forehead as I peeped to the window of Adele's room.

"I was sleeping by her side, wh-when I suddenly heard the machines sounded crazy... They we're all making terrifying pinging sounds..." Laura sobbed as she walked back and forth.

I saw how Adele was being revived by her doctors as some nurses were checking on her machines and vital signs. The doctors were all shaking their heads and kept on electrilizing her body.

No this can't be!

"What the hell?! I just left for awhile and-and..." I fell on the bench as I buried my face on my hands.

"Simon... Simon... We have to stay p-positive..." Penny rubbed my back.

"Daddy... Where's mummy?" Peanut asked as he suck on his thumb.

"Oh peanut..." I carried peanut and hugged him tightly.

I broken down completely onto my son's little shoulder.

I need to be strong. I need to stay positive... But how can I do that if my life and my everything was fighting for her life inside that room? How am I going to live without Adele?

"Daddy, is mummy's okay?" I heard peanut sobbing as he gripped on my shirt.

"I... I don't know baby..." I pulled away from Angelo, avoiding his stare.

"Mummy's fine right daddy? Mummy's still going to see us..." My heart clenches on peanut's word. I want to have that kind of hope, our son has.

"Mr. Konecki..." Dr. Adams stood in front of me.

"How's my girlfriend? Can we see her?" My heart beats million times per second.

"Uhm, family of Ms. Adkins... I'm sorry but Adele didn't made it... We've done our best but her body gave up... We're very sorry..."

Didn't made it... Gave up... Sorry...

My world suddenly stopped.

A/N: who's ready for the big drama? 😊 see yaaaah x

- A.