25

Harry's POV

I'm not too sure where I'm taking her yet since I'm not familiar with the area. I want to take her somewhere quiet. Somewhere we can be alone.

"Where's somewhere quiet we can go? A place with a view or something?" I don't want anyone to interrupt our time together. I watch as she thinks of places, goes over idea in her head.

"There's a place I used to go when I was younger. It's pretty isolated," she looks at me when she speaks. "It's one of my favourite places."

"Sounds perfect. Now tell me, where are we going?" I was surprised when she let me drive from the drive-in. She did make me swear on my life to be careful and not wreck her mums car.

She gives me directions and it takes a while to get there. We wind through twisting dirt roads until we reach a field of trees. The trees stretch on forever and I can't see the end. It looks like it goes high up into the mountains.

"You can't tell anyone about this place. I mean other people probably know about it but I want to keep it to myself. Well ourselves now."

I follow her through the maze of trees along a barely noticeable dirt track created by the few people who have walked this path before us. It's getting late though I can't see the night sky or the clouds because of the blanket the tree tops have made. Rose's hair falls like a waterfall down her back. It sways from shoulder to shoulder as she moves through the darkness. I feel like a blind man stumbling in the low light.

"I know you've probably walked this way a thousand times so you know where you're going but I'm struggling here." I chuckle at my own words. I trip over a tree root making Rose laugh. She takes my hand in hers and leads me through the black field.

"That easier?" She asks and briefly turns back to look at me. Her features are barely visible in this light.

"Yes," I nod.

"We're almost there." She pulls me only a little bit further before we reach a clearing. The trees break for about a hundred meters with nothing but long grass in the empty space.

"This is your favourite place?" I ask. I'm not sure what she sees in it but I want her to make me understand. I want to know her inside and out.

"Yes. It's not that exciting or anything but it's mine. I used to come here by myself all the time." She continues wandering further into the waist length grass. I watch her for a moment, taking every inch of her in. The way she walks, the way her hips swing, the way her arms sway by her sides. I take large strides to close the distance between us.

"Why did you always come here?" I don't want to interrogate her but I need to know all her answers to every question.

"You're nosy tonight aren't you?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Sorry," my eyes shift from her face to the grass around her ankles.

"It's okay," she bends down to place her hands on the ground before sitting down. The grass flattens under her weight. She gestures for me to join her on the grass. "I needed something stable in my life. Something that wouldn't leave me."

Her answer stuns me. I wasn't expecting anything like that. I know my next question is going to come out rude but I'm curious.

"What about your friends? Your mum? Why would they leave you?" She sighs and lays down on the grass gazing up at the sky, the stars.

"I didn't have any friends when we moved here and mum wasn't coping herself." She doesn't look at me this time when she speaks. Her eyes stay focused on the tiny stars that litter the deep blue sky. I'm not sure what to say to her so I stay silent, myself still leaning back on my hands which rest on the ground behind my backside, legs outstretched.