34

Rose's POV

I feel as though my lungs are restricting. How could he? How could she? It's like my heart has shattered into a million different pieces. The cool air stings my skin when I make it outside. I welcome the feeling, using it as a distraction to keep myself sane. I can't deal with this. Not tonight and especially not after today. I hate conflict and this is going to be more than I'm comfortable with.

What am I supposed to do? I can't just bail because there's no doubt Louis will tell Harry I was here. He would start asking questions if I left and I don't want to deal with that right now. I could just go back inside and pretend nothing happened? I know it's a stupid thing to do but I want to enjoy tonight. I want to relax. I'm going to show Harry that I don't need him to have a good time. That I don't need a jerk of a boyfriend that goes behind my back and kisses other girls. I deserve better than that.

I wipe the few tears that slipped from my eyes and down my cheeks away. I touch up my hair using the reflection in my phone before strutting back into the party, my head held high. I steer clear of the lounge room where I saw Harry and El. What a backstabbing whore! I'll have to tell Louis about this later. I revisit the kitchen to grab another drink, one that will remain inside the cup. I wander around the party in hopes that I'll see someone I'm friendly with. I'm more than surprised when I see Leroy lingering in a corner near the back patio.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I approach him. He's wearing a plain grey t-shirt with a one colourful pocket on the left side of his chest matched with a pair of tight black jeans. His arms look like he's spent all day working out and I just want to touch them.

"Hello to you too Rose," he smiles revealing his blindingly white teeth. He doesn't sound like he's been drinking at all. "Believe it or not, Louis and I go way back."

"Really? I've never heard you mention him and I've never heard him mention you either." My eyebrows pull together as I speak, trying to remember if either of them had mentioned the other. I stop trying when thinking of Harry becomes to hard.

"Let's just say we don't really talk much anymore," he chuckles. "So, where's your boyfriend?"

"Around here somewhere," I shrug hoping my vague answer will push him to change the conversation topic. I want to forget about today and what I saw tonight.

"He's not a very good boyfriend if he's just leaving you to wander around the party by yourself." I can't help but burst into a fit of nervous giggles. If only he knew.

"He's not, is he," I agree although we both have different reasons to think that way.

"You want to see something cool? I haven't been here in ages but I still remember the best spot in this house," he says enthusiastically. I nod eager to see what this place has to offer. Whatever it is I'm sure it's better than walking aimlessly around this dumb party thinking about those two saliva swapping sluts. I laugh weakly at my own thoughts as I follow Leroy upstairs. I can feel my anger bubbling just under the surface. I'm going to crack soon and I just hope Leroy can distract me enough to let the emotion ease away. He opens a bedroom door and luckily nobody is inside. He takes my hand and pulls me inside over to the window. He opens it and steps outside.

"What are you doing?!" I gasp as he lifts his other leg through. He stands confidently on the roof not showing any fears of falling.

"C'mon, it's not that scary," he encourages sticking his hand out for me to take.

"No way. I don't want to die!" I laugh. He doesn't move keeping his hand out for me. I sigh and grab onto his hand so that I can keep my balance as I climb through the window and onto the roof. Once my feet are firmly planted he sits down and gestures for me to do the same.