Chapter 2

1 year later...

Lauren rushes through the Miami airport with her luggage in tow. Today she is finally going to be reunited with her wife.

At least she hopes so.

The attack did happen and when it did, Lauren realized that the news had it all wrong. It was not terrorist threat, it was a promise. The lady that Lauren co-owns her art studio with had a basement in her house and so Lauren drove to her house immediately after she watched Camila's plane take off. Lauren knew the minute the first attack happened that she was right to get Camila on that plane and to safety. That didn't mean it hurt any less though.

Luckily the attack was nothing too severe, but the main things in the city that were damaged were the only things that could reunite her with her wife: the airport and many other ports. In the cities next to theirs, everything was almost obliterated. Vero had called Lauren a couple of hours later to inform her that Camila's plane had landed safely in Miami.

After the attack, Lauren tried every single day to get a plane or a boat to Miami, but during the attack all modes of transportation were destroyed. Not only did she have to wait for the new airport to be built, but she had to wait for more planes to arrive as well. Even then, there was a waiting list to get on a plane. Lauren checked the website everyday, and finally after 3 months of being on the wait list, Lauren got a plane ticket. It was a relatively long process and she hated the fact that even when she arrived at the airport, her wife would not be there waiting for her.

The green-eyed girl tried every day for a year to get a hold of her wife, but she was not able to. Every time she called the number that used to belong to Camila, a man picked up and told her she had the wrong number. She still doesn't know why her wife never tried to contact her. Even if Camila lost her phone, Lauren knew she had her number memorized. Everyday for the past year, Lauren had to wonder if Camila hated her for what she did or worse, if Camila was even okay.

The brunette exits the airport and breathes in the salty Miami air. Her lungs haven't felt the salty air swirling around in them for nearly two years. Lauren left the United States with Camila two years ago and she has not returned until today. The slight rain hitting the top of her head snaps her out of her thoughts and she hails a taxi and has the taxi drop her off at the closest school to the airport. All day, Lauren goes down her list of schools in the Miami area in search of her wife. She knows Camila loves her job, so she figures her wife got another job teaching music at one of the schools here in Miami. Unfortunately, no one by the name of Camila Cabello is employed at any of the schools Lauren goes to.

After a long and incredibly exhausting day of searching, Lauren retires to her favorite pub. She orders an Angry Orchard and then grabs a napkin and a pen from the bartender and starts writing down places that her wife could be.

Bookstore

Music store

Beach

Coffee shop

Camila and Lauren spent their time together at all of those places so those would definitely be the first places that she'd look. Camila absolutely adores books, music, and coffee. However, Lauren doesn't really think that 80% cream and 20% espresso should even be considered coffee, but Camila always labelled it as such.

"You here for the live music?" Lauren raises her head up when she sees some sit on the bar stool next to her. The girl is beautiful. She has dark skin and dark curly hair. The cropped top she's wearing shows off her toned abs and the shorts show off her equally as toned legs.

Lauren realizes she should speak up, even if she doesn't want company. "No." She shakes her head and returns to her list. The green-eyed girl is really in no mood for small talk. The only person she even wants to see right now, she can't find.