Chapter 6

"Lauren right?" The brunette asks and Lauren nods. "Sorry I'm pretty bad with remembering names. Well remembering anything these days." She chuckles and Lauren feels her chest tighten at the sound, one of her favorite sounds, that she has been deprived of hearing for over a year.

"Y-yeah it's Laur-"

"Chancho, I'm coming!" A voice interrupts Lauren. "Let's go get pizza I'm starv...ing." Dinah pauses when she sees the green-eyed girl. "Well well green eyes couldn't stay away." She smirks as Lauren's face turns a dark shade of red.

"Yeah well I was apartment hunting and I ran into Camz." Lauren gestures toward her wife.

"Well I guess the hunt is over huh?" Dinah gives her a quick thumbs up when Camila isn't looking and the green-eyed girl chuckles.

"Yeah. I think I've found a good one." The green-eyed girl glances at the younger brunette in front of her and watches as a blush rises to her olive cheeks. Lauren internally dances for still being able to have that effect on her.

"Mmhmm. Well we are going to get pizza. Wanna join? Mani is meeting us there." Dinah speaks up, effectively breaking the staring contest that's going on between the two former lovers.

"Sure. I could go for some pizza." Lauren pipes up. A little too enthusiastically probably. Dinah smirks and shakes her head at the enthusiastic reply.

"I'll drive." The older brunette offers as she pulls out her keys and leads the girls to her rental car. Lauren clicks the unlock button from a distance and Camila sets her sights on the car.

"Hey I used to have a car just like this in high school." Camila scurries to the black car ahead of the other two girls. "I loved that car." She comments as she runs her fingers over the hood of Lauren's rental car.

"I know." Lauren whispers as she smiles fondly. She hoped to get this reaction from Camila when the brunette saw the car for the first time. Lauren knew it was her first car and she got it when she was 16 so the brown-eyed girl would still have a memory of the car.

"That's so fucking cute." Dinah whispers as she stands by the green-eyed girl and watches Camila inspect the car. "You rent out a car like the one she had in high school and yet Dorito can't even pronounce her name right. My Camren heart." Dinah dramatically places her hand over her chest.

"So you're the one that came up with our ship name?" Lauren turns to her after hearing the familiar name.

"Duh." Dinah tosses her hair back. "I might not have met you, but Mila always told me about you over FaceTime and I shipped you guys."

"Good to know you still do." Lauren laughs as she makes her way over to where Camila is standing. She goes to the passenger's side door and opens it for the girl. Lauren watches as another blush spreads across Camila's cheeks.

"Thank you, Lauren." Camila offers her a warm smile before sliding into the car.

"You're welcome, baby." She mumbles after the door closes.

As soon as the older brunette enters the car, she plugs her phone in and turns on The 1975. She patiently waits for a reaction from the girl to the right of her. Sure enough, as soon as "Girls" starts playing, the brown-eyed girl freaks out.

"I love them!" Camila exclaims before singing the first verse loudly. Butterflies erupt in Lauren's stomach as she listens to her wife sing .

"I know." Lauren smiles over at her and starts to reach for the younger brunette's hand, but stops herself and brings the wandering hand up to the wedding band hanging from her neck. It's a piece of Camila and if she can't hold the girl to the right of her, she'd hold onto the band that symbolizes the promise the two of them made to each other a year ago. Lauren's fingers absentmindedly trace the smooth part of the band, just as she used to do when she held Camila's hand in hers. She glances in the rear view mirror momentarily and sees a smirk plastered across the Polynesian's face. Lauren sees Dinah mouth "Camren" and she just shakes her head and continues to listen to her favorite girl sing her favorite songs, with the occasional interruption from Dinah to give directions.