Chapter 64

Both Latinas stir awake when they hear someone banging on their front door.

"Go away." Camila half yells half mumbles into the pillow when the banging doesn't cease. When it only gets louder, Lauren finally drags herself out of bed while Camila tries to muffle the noise with her pillow.

"Camren! We bought a house!" Dinah shouts as soon as the door in front of her opens. She drags her wife inside the house and Normani looks at the green-eyed girl sympathetically. Even though Dinah may not feel bad about waking people up at an ungodly hour on the weekend, she does.

"Not that I don't love both of your company, but it's 8 am on a Saturday morning." Lauren runs her fingers through her disheveled hair.

"We bought a house!" Dinah screeches and Lauren grimaces at the loudness of her voice.

"It's 8 in the fucking morning!" All three girls turn their heads and see a very annoyed Camila walk out from the bedroom dressed in nothing but one of Lauren's old concert tees. She walks straight past all of them and straight to the fridge. "You bought a house. Congratu-fucking-lations. Happy for you, but could you have not told us at, I don't know, noon?"

"She's not a morning person." Lauren whispers to the two girls in front of her and they both nod their heads.

"She's never been one. I knew there was a chance she'd murder me when I knocked on your door at 8 am, but we couldn't wait to tell you guys the news." Dinah gushes and Camila walks over to them with a glass of orange juice in her hand.

"You bought a house. The whole neighborhood heard." Camila says unenthusiastically as she takes a sip of her orange juice. Lauren giggles at her wife's grumpiness and snakes an arm around her waist so she can pull her into her side.

"Not just any house, Walz. We bought a house close to yours! We're neighbors!" Dinah practically screams and Camila calmly sets the empty glass on the counter in front of her. She leans in and kisses her wife on the cheek before untangling herself from her and walking over to Dinah. She leans in and kisses her on the cheek before doing the same to Normani.

"Glad you bought a house, Cheech. Tell me again at noon and I promise to be more enthusiastic." The younger Latina says as she shuffles back to the bedroom. Before she walks in, she turns back around and faces her best friend. "And D, next time you wake me up at 8 am, you will get murdered. That's a promise."

All three girls just laugh fondly and shake their heads at Camila's dramatic behavior. For the next 30 minutes, Normani lets Dinah tell Lauren about all the details of their new house and then they inform her that they will be having a party this afternoon in their new place to celebrate. When Normani sees the green-eyed girl let out a yawn, she takes Dinah by the hand and practically drags her out of the house, apologizing one last time on her way out to the brunette for waking them up.

Around noon, Camila and Lauren wake up for a second time. After they get themselves ready, get Sofi ready, and feed Cam, they head out and walk a couple of houses down to Dinah and Normani's new house. Lauren checks the house number on the mailbox and when she sees that it says 727, she leads Sofi and Camila up the driveway.

"Wow they really are our neighbors aren't they?" Camila chuckles as she looks back at their house and counts the number of houses between them. Turns out there are only three houses between them. "Hell if we cracked a window at night we could probably hear them having sex." The Latina leans in and whispers the last part to her wife so Sofi can't hear.

Lauren just looks at her with an amused, yet baffled expression and Camila shrugs her shoulders. The green-eyed girl can honestly say that life with Camila is never boring because still to this day she can never predict what will come out of her mouth. Most of the time it's random jokes that aren't even funny, but when Camila laughs at them, Lauren can't help but join in. Her laugh is contagious and yes she's a little whipped. The older Cuban absolutely loves Camila's randomness and corny jokes. She also adores her mind, especially the crazy parts of it.