Chapter 62

"I can't breathe." Camila panics as she stands in front of the full length mirror.

"Let me just remind you that you've already done this once, Chanch. So you're basically a pro when it comes to weddings." Dinah finishes zipping up her best friend's white dress. When she gets the zipper all the way to the top, she smooths out the dress and then gives Camila's shoulders a light squeeze. "You look absolutely beautiful, Walz. I just want to let you know that I feel honored that I get to stand by your side and watch you marry the love of your life." The Polynesian wipes at the tears that are starting to spill from her eyes. When Camila sees her best friend crying in the reflection of the mirror, she quickly turns around to face her.

"Fucking hell why did I even put on any make up." She chuckles as she reaches up to wipe away Dinah's tears before wiping her own. "Having you by my side on my wedding day is the greatest blessing. Even when I couldn't remember Lauren, you helped me remember. You never gave up on us. You guided me back into her arms and for that, I am eternally indebted to you." Camila grabs her best friend's hands and brings them both up to her lips so she can plant a kiss to the back of her hands.

"Just repay me by having cute little Camren children that I can spoil endlessly." The blonde gives Camila's hands 3 light squeezes. Her way of saying 'I love you.' The Latina smiles softly before nodding her head, silently promising her best friend that there will be children in the future.

And she has every intention of keeping that promise. She wants everything with Lauren. The little red brick house that sits behind the white picket fence. The two car garage that holds their black Charger and a spiffed up mini van that they will use to take their beautiful kids to practices and plays and school events. The backyard that will be furnished with wooden chairs made by Mr. Mike Jauregui himself and Camila will sit in them, sip her lemonade, and watch as Lauren chases their kids around the yard.

A knock at the door breaks her from her thoughts and she watches as Normani enters the room. The dark skinned girl is matching her wife, both of them sporting elegant bridesmaid dresses.

"The ceremony is starting." Normani informs them both and this makes Camila's hands start sweating even more than they already were. "You look beautiful, Mila." She offers the bride a smile before shutting the door back.

"Um excuse me? What about me?" Dinah yells as soon as her wife exits the room. Seconds later, the door reopens and Normani sticks her head in.

"You look like a million bucks, baby." The dark skinned girl sends her wife a wink before closing the door again.

"Mmhm that's what I thought." Dinah retorts. "Now let's go make my favorite green-eyed girl's jaw hit the floor." The Polynesian loops her arm around Camila's and guides her out of the room. As soon as they get to the wooden door of the chapel, both girls stop in front of it. Camila takes a deep breath before turning to her best friend with wide eyes.

"I don't have anyone to walk me down the aisle." Camila tells Dinah sadly. "I've been so busy planning everything else that I didn't even remember that someone has to walk me down the aisle." The bride rambles and the Polynesian just tightens her grip on her arm and patiently waits for her to finish. However, when it doesn't seem like the Latina is stopping her nervous rambling anytime soon, Dinah gently places a finger to her lips.

"Yes you do." Dinah simply states. "I'm walking you down that aisle."

Tears well up in Camila's eyes again and she leans in and plants a kiss to her best friend's cheek. When she pulls back, she uses her thumb to wipe the lipstick from the spot she just kissed.

"You, Dinah Jane, are the best maid of honor and best friend that a girl could ask for." She quickly reaches up to wipe the tears from her cheeks and they both let out teary laughs.