Chapter 25

Camila walks into the art gallery, her eyes immediately scanning the place for a particular art student and a really attractive art teacher. Tonight, Lauren's art students are having an art exhibit to show off their work. Camila didn't tell the green-eyed girl she was coming because she wanted it to be a surprise. She also came because a couple of weeks ago, she reached out to one of Lauren's art students and asked for a favor. Christmas is quickly approaching and so Camila had one of Lauren's art students paint her something for the green-eyed girl. Yesterday, the gift was dropped off at her door so she came here tonight to not only support Lauren, but to slip a $100 bill to the gracious student, even though they told her she didn't need to pay.

After tracking down the student and insisting she take the money, Camila is now searching the crowded, dim lit room for a green-eyed, pale skin brunette. The brunette smiles when she sees the teacher across the room talking about an art piece with a group of people surrounding her and a glass of champagne in her right hand. Deciding not to interrupt her, Camila opts to just walk around the room and admire some of the art. She passes by a piece that captures her attention immediately. It is a piece from the perspective of someone in an airplane. The person's hand is placed on the small airplane window and the way that the hand is placed makes Camila feel like the person wanted to get off the plane for some unknown reason.

"Absolutely stunning." Camila hears a husky voice say and she immediately turns around.

"Yeah, it's my favorite one in here. There's a story behind it, I can tell." The brown-eyed girl smiles softly at the art teacher.

"Oh yeah, the painting is okay too I guess." Lauren smirks as she allows her eyes to rake over Camila, drinking in her soft brunette locks, toned legs, and vibrant brown eyes.

The younger brunette feels her face heat up under the gaze of the beautiful art teacher. "So who painted-"

"Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I really wanted my parents to meet you." One of Lauren's art students approaches the two brunettes. The older Latina turns to look at Camila and the latter just mouths 'go, it's okay.'

"I'll be right back." Lauren flashes Camila her million dollar smile before following her student to the other side of the room. When the teacher is gone, Camila turns her attention back to the second most beautiful piece of art in the room.

Lauren being the first, of course.

She studies the painting and notices that the plane is still at the airport because outside the window, you can still see the runway, other planes, and the airport. She squints when she notices a figure to the left of the hand on the window. It is only when the musician leans forward that she sees a brunette figure in the distance, standing behind a glass window in the airport. The figure seems to be a girl who is mimicking the same pose, her palm placed on the glass window as well.

Camila's eyes widen in realization and she immediately scans the canvas for a signature that will tell her who the owner of the painting is, even though she's pretty sure she already knows who it is. When she looks at the bottom right corner of the piece, she sees the initials LJ subtly painted there. Her heart speeds up and her mouth goes dry.

Lauren painted this. I'm the girl on the plane. That's my palm. This is our story, Camila thinks.

After running her fingers through her hair, she decides to retreat to the front of the room and pay a visit to the open bar. "Jack and Coke, please." She informs the bartender as she leans her elbows on the rough wooden surface of the bar.

"Just can't stay away, huh?" The Latina hears a voice and she rolls her eyes before looking over at the too forward red-head.

"Hello." She offers her a tight lipped smile.

"Hi yourself, beautiful." Bella winks. Luckily, the bartender comes and brings Camila her drink not seconds later. She immediately picks it up and downs half of it in one sip.

"Thirsty?" Bella kinks her eyebrow before moving closer to the Latina and leaning over so her lips are hovering near the brunette's ear. "I can quench your thirst better than that Jack and Coke can, I promise you that."

Camila tenses and her top lip curls up in slight disgust. Before she can reply, she feels an arm snake around her waist and pull her away from the red-head. Her body collides with the person's and she feels lips hover over her ear once again.

"Hi, beautiful." She hears a familiar voice whisper. This time, Camila's body shivers when warm breath hits her ear and her lips form a smile.

"Hi, Lo." She turns her head to the side and her breath catches in her throat when she sees how close their faces are. She subconsciously licks her lips as her eyes shift from a sea of green to plump red lips.

Bella clears her throat. "Wow, didn't know you two were-"

"Yeah well there's a lot you don't know." Lauren retorts as she flickers her eyes over to meet Bella's.

"I'll just..." The red-head points to a random spot in the room and scurries away. When she's gone, the younger Latina just chuckles, effectively getting Lauren's attention again.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous, Jauregui." Camila quirks an eyebrow and a smile overtakes the green-eyed girl's features.

"First of all, you don't know me. Second of all, you don't know me." Lauren quotes one of her favorite lines from one of her favorite TV shows and Camila starts clapping, a huge grin on her face.

"Lauren Jauregui, are you quoting One Tree Hill to me? Because if so, you just became my new favorite person." The young Latina winks.

"Yes, I'm quoting One Tree Hill. Peyton Sawyer, to be exact." Lauren takes a step closer to the girl. "And so what if I am jealous, Cabello?"

"Well I've never really liked jealousy on anyone else, but you wear it well. Kinda like that dress. you've got on." Camila's eyes scan up and down the green-eyed girl's body, a playful smirk on her face. Lauren just stands there, too stunned to move. The brown-eyed girl shakes her head, an amused smile on her lips. Seconds later, she leans in to plant a kiss to the pale cheek in front of her. "C'mon, Picasso, how about you explain some of this art to me, yeah?"

The art teacher just nods and allows Camila to take her hand and lead her away from the bar area. The rest of the night consists of Lauren explaining every piece of art in the room to the younger brunette.

Camila, however, just watches in awe, silently wishing someone could explain to her why in the midst of all this art, and surrounded by a room full of color, she cannot see anything but the color green.