Chapter 37

It's been three days since the attack and Camila still hasn't batted an eyelash or moved a finger. Lauren has been by her side 24/7 since the incident, only leaving to shower in the hospital bathroom and grab food from the cafeteria. She never leaves the girl unattended though. Usually Lauren's parents, Dinah and Normani, or Ally sit with her until Lauren gets back. Vero and Keana even stopped by to check on Camila and Sinu and Alejandro have even brought Sofi by to visit everyday after school.

Lauren has spent the past three days by Camila's side, telling her stories, reminiscing about some of their memories, and singing to the unresponsive brunette. When it turns dark, she slides into bed with the girl and plays with her fingers until she falls asleep. Lauren has only had one major breakdown and it was the day after the attack. Luckily her friends were there to get her through it.

Flashback

"Ralph, why don't you go in there and shower? I'll watch her." Dinah bends down in front of the tired brunette. Lauren lifts her head from it's position on the edge of Camila's hospital bed and wipes at her damp cheeks. She nods solemnly and allows Dinah to help her to her feet.

"Come and get me if anything changes." Lauren says groggily and Dinah just pats her on the shoulder.

"Will do, Laur." She smiles sympathetically at her before reaching down and picking up a bag. "Here, we had Ally run home and pack you and Mila some clothes. She brought you one of Camila's sweatshirts and a pair of her sweatpants."

"Thank you, DJ." Lauren offers the Polynesian a tired smile before retreating to the bathroom. The green-eyed girl lays the duffel bag on the lid of the toilet before turning on the shower. As soon as she steps in and the hot water starts pouring over her body, the water at Lauren's feet starts to turn red from the blood that was dried on her skin. She immediately grabs the soap and starts scrubbing her skin, which makes the water going down the drain more red. The sight takes her back to when she found Camila on the floor and flashes of her wife covered in blood start flooding into her mind again. It dawns on her that it's not just any random person's blood going down the drain, it's her wife's.

Lauren backs up against the wall of the shower and sinks to the floor of it. She wraps her arms around herself and starts sobbing uncontrollably. Minutes later someone turns the shower off and steps in the tub with her. She feels a towel wrap around her shoulders and then she feels someone wrap their arms around her.

"You're okay, Ralph." Dinah assures the green-eyed girl as she pulls the girl onto her lap. The Polynesian doesn't care if she's getting her clothes soaked. Comforting Lauren is her number one priority right now.

"But she's not okay, Dinah. The love of my life is practically in a coma right now and there's a chance that she may not have her memory when she wakes up." Lauren sobs. "I don't know if I can make her fall in love with me a third time, Dinah."

"You can and you will if you have to, Laur. I believe in my ship. Like I told you before, her head may forget you, but her heart never will." Dinah runs her fingers through Lauren's wet locks in attempt to soothe the girl.

"This is my fault. She's laying there because of me and I fucking hate myself for it." Lauren pulls her knees closer to her chest.

"Lauren, you didn't force her to go over to his apartment nor did you do the beating. This is Austin's fault and no one else's." Dinah assures the girl. "Just because you didn't answer the phone call, doesn't mean this is your fault. You're human, Lauren. Camila knows that and she wouldn't blame you for this. I've known the girl almost all my life and I know she loves you and wouldn't want you to blame yourself."