Chapter 22

Dinah and Camila walk into Ally's pizza place to find Normani and Lauren already sitting in a booth talking. Camila looks around her friend's pizza place and notices that there are a lot of people here. Some familiar faces and some not so familiar faces. Her eyes immediately find the restaurant owner and a small smile graces her lips when she sees that Ally is making her rounds to all the booths so she can talk with each of the customers. The shorter girl has always been exceptionally friendly and kind to every customer that walks into her restaurant and that is the reason why the place is always so full.

When the two best friends make their way to Lauren and Normani's booth, both girls immediately look their way and offer smiles that make both Camila and Dinah's hearts beat faster. A feeling that Dinah welcomes and treasures and a feeling that absolutely terrifies and confuses the younger Latina beside her.

"Hello, ladies." Normani speaks up first as she slides out of the booth and makes her way over to her fiancé.

"Hey, baby." Dinah opens her arms and envelops her girl in a bone crushing hug. "And Laur."

"Dinah." Lauren offers the blonde a small smile before turning her attention to the quiet brunette beside her. "Hi, Camz."

"Hello." The brunette offers her a tired smile before sliding in on the side of the booth that is opposite the green-eyed girl. Lauren fights back a frown when Camila chooses to sit in front of her and not beside her. However, it does give her a chance to give the girl a once over. While doing so, Lauren notices that the bags under Camila's eyes have become significantly more apparent and she also notices how unfocused the brown eyes are. Before she can speak up again, Ally emerges in front of their booth, her smile exceptionally wide.

"Hi, friends." The shorter girl waves before pulling up a chair.

"Hey, Smallz. You know I'm always up for pizza, but your text was a bit vague. What's going on?" Dinah cuts straight to the point and Ally's smile only widens.

"Well I'm glad you asked." She smiles before folding her hands together and sitting them on the wooden table in front of her. "We are celebrating because my little restaurant here is getting a sibling."

"You're pregnant?" Dinah almost chokes on air. "Allyson did I not teach you anything about safe sex?"

The older girl just swats the Polynesian on the arm. "No, Dinah. I am not pregnant."

"Her restaurant is going to be a chain." Normani smiles widely and the rest of the girls widen their eyes.

"That's what I'm talking about, Smallz!" Dinah pipes up.

"Congrats, Ally. You deserve this." Lauren offers her a bright smile.

"Proud of you, Ally." Camila speaks up, her eyes trained on her fingers that are currently tracing the crevices ingrained in the wooden table.

Ally offers them all a wide smile, one that only turns sympathetic when her eyes land on Camila. She allows her eyes to dart between all the girls and they all share the same look. They all miss their bubbly best friend and it's killing them to have to see Camila go through this.

"So, pizza?" Ally asks, hoping to get Camila to pipe up. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. Instead, the girl continues to run her slender fingers across the wooden table while absentmindedly chewing on her bottom lip.

"Of course." Dinah chimes in. "Bring us two pepperoni and a Hawaiian for Walz."

At the mention of her nickname, the younger Latina looks up. "Actually, I'm not really hungry so just bring two pepperoni." All of their eyes widen when they hear the words leave Camila's mouth. The younger girl has never turned down Hawaiian pizza... or pizza in general.