Chapter 45

Closure is not really something someone necessarily wants to get, but it's something they have to get in order to take one step forward and walk away from the past. Closure, along with answers, is something Camila has never really gotten when it comes to a lot of aspects of her life. She never really asked her parents why they kicked her out for being attracted to girls, she just left. She never really was able to say goodbye to her friends and colleagues in Venice, she just got on the plane and never looked back.

As she stands in the mirror, her slender fingers tracing over the ragged scars on her body, she decides then and there that she needs to get answers and some closure from one particular person who used to be in her life. The person who created most of the scars on her fragile body.

She is supposed to be at the bar rehearsing for her set tomorrow. That's what she told Lauren she would be doing when the green-eyed girl asked before she left for her own work. Truth is, she couldn't tell Lauren what her real plans for the day are. She knows her wife would never let her do it. Camila didn't want to lie to Lauren, but her wife isn't the one that has to live with the memories... or the scars.

Camila has had this planned for a week now. This exact date. She had to call up to the jail and see if she could be put on a visitation list. Turns out she didn't even have to be put on one because he had already put her on it. She wasn't surprised in the slightest. They dated for awhile and she knows that he knows what kind of person she is. She knows he knows that she has always been the type of person to demand answers, to demand reasons.

After throwing on a pair of blue jeans and a band tee, she grabs her car keys and drives to the local jail. When she walks in, she makes her way to the front desk and signs in. The woman at the front desk looks at her sympathetically and Camila guesses that most of the people who work at the jail know about what the inmates are in for. The brown eyed girl can see it in the blue eyes before her that the lady knows who she is and who she is here to see. The woman pities her, but her eyes are also asking the question that she has been asking herself for a week.

What the hell are you doing here?

She continues to ask herself that question as she is led down a dimly lit hallway and into a room on her right. When she enters, she sees a row of chairs that are sitting in front of glass windows. There are different cubicles and each one has a phone in it. She has seen places like this before on television and she knows that any minute, she will come face to face with Austin again.

All the cubicles are empty, it's just her and the security guard. He gestures to the first cubicle and Camila wearily sits down in the chair and faces the glass in front of her.

"I am going to signal for them to bring him in. If you need anything, I will be right outside the door." The officer informs her and she just nods, signaling that she understands.

When the door to the room closes, she immediately wipes her sweaty palms on her blue jeans and tries to calm her breathing. Seconds later, a door behind the glass in front of her opens and she sees an orange jumpsuit come into view. She trails her eyes from the ground and up the orange jumpsuit until her eyes connect with Austin's.

It doesn't surprise Camila in the slightest that he is sporting a haughty smirk while being escorted into the room. She feels her breathing start to become uneven as he sits down in front of her. She watches skeptically as the boy reaches over and takes the phone and places it to his ear. When he motions for her to pick up hers, she slowly reaches out and grabs it and places the cold phone to her ear.

"I knew you'd come, baby." His voice sends chills up her spine. "Couldn't stay away, huh?"

"I have questions. That's why I'm here." She whispers into the receiver.