Chapter 21

Camila did not say a word the entire trip back to Miami and none of the girls forced her to. The young brunette slept most of the time on the plane and when she fell asleep with her chin tucked into her chest, Lauren immediately guided her head to her shoulder so she could sleep a bit more comfortably. When they arrived back in Miami, all the girls went their separate ways.

Today is Wednesday and they got back to Miami on Sunday night. After giving Camila two days of space, like Dinah suggested she do, Lauren decides to go over to their apartment today instead of going to work.

"How's she doing, Dinah?" Lauren asks as she sips on her coffee.

"She is so distant and is having nightmares again almost every night. They are pitiful." Dinah runs her fingers through her blonde hair. "Sometimes she just screams in her sleep and other times she just begs over and over again for them to stop."

"Fuck." Lauren sighs. "I wish I could make it all go away for her."

"That makes two of us, Ralph." Dinah nurses her coffee.

As if on cue, they both hear a scream coming from Camila's room and Lauren immediately bolts from the kitchen to where the screams are coming from. The green-eyed girl throws open the door to the bedroom and her heart breaks when she sees Camila thrashing around on the bed. She immediately walks over and tries to take the girl into her arms, but as she starts to wrap her arms around the girl, a flying fist connects with her eye. She grimaces, but still sits down on the bed and pulls Camila into her lap. She rocks back and forth, whispering comforting words in the Latina's ear until she calms down from her nightmare. Lauren smooths Camila's hair back so it's away from her face and plants a kiss to her sweaty forehead.

Lauren holds her wife for hours as she sleeps and Dinah makes frequent trips in and out of the room to bring her food, refills of coffee, and ice to put on her bruising eye. When Camila stirs, the green-eyed girl breaks from her thoughts and smiles down at the girl.

Camila blinks her eyes open slowly while unconsciously snuggling her body further into the warm body underneath hers. However, when her eyes adjust, she looks up and sees green eyes looking down at her. Camila immediately sits up and stretches before turning her attention to the brunette sitting up against her head board. Before she can speak, Lauren beats her to it.

"I was um having coffee with Dinah this morning and you had another nightmare so I came in here and comforted you until you calmed down." Lauren offers her a smile.

Camila nods her head and she moves closer when she sees a bruise forming around one of Lauren's eyes. She reaches out, her fingers tracing the bruise. "What happened?"

"It's nothing." Lauren promises as she wraps her own hand around the tan hand and brings them down to rest in her lap.

"I did that, didn't I?" Camila frowns momentarily before looking down at their intertwined hands.

"You were asleep, you didn't mean to." The older brunette smiles sympathetically. "Plus, it doesn't hurt at all and I think it kinda makes me look like a badass." Lauren tries to lighten the mood a bit.

"Fuck. I'm so sorry, Lauren." Camila runs her fingers through her hair. "Next time you can just leave me, I'll eventually stop screaming I'm sure."

"I'll never leave you. Not again." Lauren promises as she looks into the brown eyes in front of her. The ones that are normally vibrant and bright, but today they are dull and darker shade of brown.

"I uh have therapy today so I better get ready." The younger Latina stands up from the bed.

"I can take you, if you want." Lauren offers and Camila turns around, her eyebrows furrowed.