Epilogue

Lauren looks up from the book she's reading when she hears feet pattering on the hardwood floor. A smile makes it's way across her face when she sees her 4 year old son running toward her. She places the book down on the couch and scoops the boy into her arms.

"Hi, Cam." She kisses his head.

"Hi, mommy. Where is mom?" He asks, his green eyes looking curiously up at her.

"She is picking up sissy from her soccer practice. Are you ready for the party?" Lauren runs her fingers through her son's brown curls.

"Mmhmm. Sissy is turning this old today." He holds up 7 fingers and Lauren leans in and kisses his palm.

"She sure is. Why don't you go get your present for her and wait in her room? She should be getting here any minute now." Lauren sets him on his feet and gives him a nudge in the direction of the stairs. A few seconds alter, the front door opens and her wife and daughter enter into the house.

"Honey, we're home!" Camila yells as she sets her car keys in a basket by the front door.

"Mommy!" Lauren hears her daughter's sweet voice and she bends down so she can scoop the girl up into her arms.

"Hey, birthday girl. How was soccer practice?" The older Latina scrunches her nose when she gets a whiff of her daughter.

"So great! Mom told me her favorite number is 7 so I got the number 7 on my jersey!" The younger girl says enthusiastically and both moms grin at her.

"I would've chosen 10, but 7 is a great number too." She ruffles her daughters hair. "Now why don't you go up and get a shower? Everyone should be over soon. Also, your brother really wants to give you his present before everyone arrives so he is upstairs waiting for you." The now 7 year old nods her head before running up the stairs.

"Hi, beautiful." Camila wraps her arms around her wife's waist and buries her head in her neck.

"Hey, love. How are you holding up?" Lauren strokes her wife's back. Today is always a hard day for the both of them. They should be buying double the presents and celebrating two birthdays, but they are only celebrating one. Each year on this day, they visit their other baby at the cemetery and bring flowers and a slice of birthday cake. They've been doing it for 6 years and tonight after the party, they'll take their whole family and release 7 balloons. Losing her almost broke them, but once all the guilt and blame faded, they realized the only way they would survive losing a baby was leaning on each other, their therapist, their friends, and their family.

"I am." Camila whispers, her voice thick with emotion. The green eyed girl plants a kiss to her wife's temple and Camila pulls back so she can look her in the eyes. "Dinah and Normani should be arriving soon with the cake and Ally and Shawn are about to be here with the pizzas."

"Sofi has the decorations right?" The older Latina asks.

"Yes, she is coming soon with all the Captain Marvel decorations. I love that our child loves Marvel and that Captain Marvel is her favorite." A wide grin spreads across the younger Latina's face.

"You only love that she loves Captain Marvel because you love Brie." Lauren smirks and Camila nods.

"Well fuck yeah, Lauren. Have you seen the woman? Whew." Camila fans herself dramatically as she thinks about the beautiful blonde.

"I'm not arguing." Lauren holds up her hands in surrender. Both women are hopelessly in love with each other and with Brie Larson.

The two moms turn to the door when they hear it open.

"The party has now arrived!" Dinah yells and they both roll their eyes. Normani enters behind her with a birthday cake in tow.

"Actually, now the party has arrived." A younger voice chimes in and everyone smiles when they see Dinah and Normani's oldest daughter, Brooklyn, enter the house holding their youngest child, Hamilton. The two women ended up fostering the child that Lauren and Dinah saved from the wreck. Fostering then turned into adopting and the two women became her legal guardians. About two years after they adopted Brooklyn, Normani and Dinah decided they wanted to have another. It wasn't long before Normani was pregnant with their second.