Chapter 56

Camila rips the IV out of her arm like it's nothing more than a band-aid she's ripping off her and rushes across the room to her sister who just walked in.

"Oh Sofi I thought you were dead!" Camila sobs as she drops to her knees and takes her baby sister in her arms. "I thought I lost you."

"I'm right here, Kaki. I'm okay." Sofi mumbles into her sister's shoulder. "But mami and papi went to a better place. That's what Ally said."

Camila pulls back and holds her sister by the shoulders. "They did, baby. But I'm still here, okay? You still have me and you always will." Camila wipes the tears from her sister's face. "I'm going to take care of you."

"So am I." Camila hears a soothing voice say and looks to her right to see Lauren squatting beside her. "We are going to take care of you, Sofi. We are going to be a family."

Once Lauren's words grace Sofi's ears, the younger Cabello launches herself at the green eyed girl and Lauren tightens her arms around the smaller girl. Camila looks at them both with watery eyes.

Her two favorite girls.

When Lauren looks over at Camila and sees her favorite pair of brown eyes filled with unshed tears, she reaches out her arm and pulls Camila into her. The brunette immediately wraps her arms around Lauren and her sister and holds on tight.

The next couple of days are hard for Camila and she finds that even with her sister and Lauren right by her side, she still doesn't feel like herself. She still doesn't feel okay.

All the girls flew back to Miami as soon as Camila was released from the hospital. They had two funerals to arrange. When they returned to Florida, Camila, Lauren, and Sofi opted to reside in Camila's childhood home because it was bigger than the apartment and they could all fit comfortably in it.

It is currently the night before the two funeral and Lauren wakes up to the sound of glass shattering. Her hand immediately reaches next to her and when she feels nothing but sheets, she immediately jumps out of the bed, throws on her robe, and runs to Sofi's bedroom to check on her.

When she walks in, she sees the younger girl rocking back and forth in the bed with her knees pulled to her chest and her hands covering her ears.

"Hey, hey you're okay Sofi." Lauren cooes as she sits on the bed and pulls Sofi in her arms.

"What is Kaki doing?" The younger girl stutters.

"She's just hurting, Sofi." Lauren sighs as she runs her fingers through the younger girl's hair. The past couple of nights, all three girls have been up at some time during the night because of Camila. The first night they got home, Lauren woke up to find the bed next to her empty.

Flashback

Lauren's bladder wakes her up at 1 am and she groggily rolls out of bed and walks into the bathroom. Once she relieves herself, she walks back into the bedroom and gets back under the covers. She goes to wrap an arm around Camila, but when her arm just comes in contact with cold bedsheets, she quickly jumps out of the bed.

After grabbing and putting on her robe that was hanging on the back of the bathroom door, she searches the entire house for her wife. When she looks everywhere, including Sofi's room, and there's still no sign of Camila, she starts to panic. The green-eyed girl dials her wife's phone and when she hears it ringing in Camila's old bedroom, she quickly presses the end button and calls Dinah.

The Polynesian informs her that she hasn't seen Camila. She calls Ally and the restaurant owner tells her the same thing. Both, however, inform Lauren that they'll be right over to watch Sofi so Lauren can go look for Camila.