Chapter 30

Dinah walks down to the gym that is located in the clubhouse of her apartment complex. She's been frequenting this place a lot these past couple of weeks. Not for the reason that people would normally go though. She's been going a lot to check on Lauren because the green-eyed girl has been getting out most of her frustrations and heartbreak through exercise. Dinah walks in to see Lauren taking her anger out on the punching bag in the middle of the room, using no gloves. The Polynesian sighs and swiftly walks over to where Lauren is throwing punch after punch. When she sees blood dripping to the floor, she immediately wraps her arms around the brunette's waist and pulls her away from the bag.

"Where are your gloves, Lauren?" Dinah asks while setting the girl down on a bench and grabbing a towel from her bag.

"I left them in the apartment." Lauren shrugs as she watches the blonde wipe blood from her bruised and bloodied knuckles.

"Laur, your apartment is only like 10 feet from here why didn't you just-"

"Because I wanted to fucking feel something, Dinah! Anything!" The brunette throws her hands up in frustration. "My body has been numb since she left and I just fucking miss my wife." Lauren curses the tears that are rolling down her cheeks. So much for her tough facade.

"I know, Ralph. She misses you too if it's any consolation." The blonde offers a sad smile and the brunette's head shoots up.

"You've spoken to her?" Green eyes widen. "Is she okay?" All Lauren's anger dissipates and is replaced with concern.

"She called last week." Dinah admits.

"Last week? Why didn't you tell me?" The brunette furrows her eyebrows.

"Because I've hardly seen you, Laur. You've been drowning yourself in work and you spend almost all of your spare time in here." Dinah pats the pale knee her hand is resting on.

"What did she say?" Lauren questions.

"Well after I chewed her out, she told me once again that she left because she's worried about your safety and she's worried about him hurting you." Dinah informs her.

"But-" The green-eyed girl starts, but Dinah holds up a finger to silence her.

"You'll want to hear this part, trust me." Dinah allows a small smile to form on her lips. "She said she couldn't let him hurt the woman she loves."

Lauren's face pales and her heart beats rapidly in her chest. "She said that? Are you sure?"

Dinah just nods. "Somewhere along the way, you've somehow managed to make her fall in love with you again."

Lauren, for the first time since Camila left, allows herself to smile. To really smile.

"She loves me." Lauren breathes out.

"She does, Ralph. But she's loved you for a long time now. I could see it in her eyes." The blonde informs her friend.

"You think?" Lauren asks hopefully.

"Dude, she practically looked at you like you hung the moon every single time you were around." Dinah points out. "Also, after the attack, she was so closed off to people, but then you came along and suddenly she started to return to the Mila I knew in high school."

"But she still left." The brunette's shoulders deflate.

"She was going regardless, Laur. She signed a contract." Dinah reminds her.

"I know. I guess I just wanted her to ask me to go with her." The Latina confesses.

"She knew you'd drop your entire life here to follow her to LA and honestly, even though it hurts, I think she did the right thing." Dinah states and Lauren looks at her incredulously. "You have a great job here, a dog to take care of, and friends who love you. Plus, she was just looking out for you like you did for her."