Chapter 13

It's been a week since the accident and both girls have been avoiding each other. Lauren has been scared to confront Camila after telling her she loved her after the accident and then basically yelling at her. Camila has been scared to confront Lauren after kissing her and then driving drunk and causing Lauren to worry. On top of that, Camila tried to reach out to Sofi this past week, but the younger Cabello wouldn't even give her the time of day.

"She hates me, Dinah." Camila huffs as she grabs the car keys from the table.

"Just keep trying, Chanch. She just needs to know you aren't going anywhere." Dinah rationalizes.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm headed over there again to try and get her to do something with me today." Camila slings her purse over her shoulder.

"Good luck, Mila." Dinah offers her a smile.

"Thanks, Cheech. I'll need it." The brunette exits her apartment. When she goes to lock the door, she drops her keys.

"Ugh!" She closes her eyes momentarily and takes a deep breath. She starts to bend down and pick up the keys, but someone beats her to it.

"Rough day?" Camila's eyes meet concerned green ones. Her heart  flutters in her chest because it seems like it's been ages since she's seen Lauren.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Camila offers her a small smile. "I went to see Sofi yesterday, but she wouldn't even come out of her room to see me." She runs her fingers through her hair. "I'm headed over there right now to try again."

"She doesn't happen to be a Selena Gomez fan does she?" The older girl asks and Camila furrows her eyebrows.

"Yeah, huge fan. Why?"

"I heard she's playing a concert here tonight and one of my friends at the local radio station called a minute ago and told me she has tickets and meet and greets if I wanted them." Lauren tucks her hands into the pockets of her leather jacket.

The younger Latina's eyes widen.

"I was just about to come over and see if you wanted to go." Lauren informs the girl, silently praying that Camila doesn't turn her down.

Camila's jaw slacks and Lauren smirks. She knows Camila loves Selena so she practically begged her friend to get her tickets and meet and greets so she could give them to Camila as a peace offering.

"You and Sofi wanna join me?" Lauren asks and Camila nods her head quickly. "I'm going to need a verbal answer, Camz." Lauren accidentally lets the nickname slip.

"Y-yes of course! I just can't believe I'm going to meet Selena Gomez." Camila smiles when she hears herself say it out loud. "Selena. Gomez." She repeats. "Lauren, why are you not screaming right now?" The young girl flails her arms. "I am freaking out!" She shakes Lauren's shoulders and the green-eyed girl just quirks up an eyebrow in amusement. She's not sure why she was ever worried in the first place about Camila turning down these tickets. "It's 2 p.m. and I still need to convince Sofi and get ready so I don't look like a complete peasant next to Selena." Camila pales. "Oh who am I kidding I could be wearing a prom dress made out of diamonds and still look like a peasant. IT'S SELENA GOMEZ. Oh God, what do I wear I don't-" Lauren stops the rant by placing her hands on Camila's shoulders.

"First of all, breathe." Lauren lets out a hearty laugh. "Second of all, you will be the most beautiful girl at the concert tonight and yes including Selena. Third of all, Sofi will say yes in a heartbeat so don't worry."

Camila nods her head and offers the girl an embarrassed smile. Sometimes her rants can get a little out of control. "Is it for sure for sure? I don't want to get my sister's hopes up." Lauren raises her eyebrows. "Fine, I don't want to get my hopes up." The girl admits while grabbing the keys from Lauren's hands. "Thank you. For everything. You're always saving me." Camila looks tenderly into the green eyes in front of her.