Chapter 54

A/N: There will be another trigger warning for this chapter because it pretty much picks up right where the last chapter left off. Hope you enjoy the update. Love you guys. xx

**Trigger Warning**

Hand in hand, Dinah and Normani rush through the crowded Los Angeles airport at 2 am. Having already called an Uber the minute they got off plane, they run straight to the ground transportation area and hop in the waiting car.

Normani holds her wife the entire way to the apartment and when they are almost there, Dinah untangles herself from Normani so she can check her phone that just vibrated in her coat pocket. She retrieves the device and opens it to reveal a text message from Camila.

I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise. It just hurts too much. Tell Normani and Ally I love them. You were one of the brightest and best parts of my life. You were my best friend and I feel honored to have known you. I love you Dinah Jane.

Dinah lets her phone fall from her fingertips and she immediately starts hyperventilating.

"Babe, what's going on?" Normani panics as she watches her wife gasp for air. "Who texted you?"

"We h-have to g-get to Mila something is wrong she's going to h-hurt herself!" Dinah screams as tears fall to her cheeks.

It is then that the Uber driver decides to speak up. "We are about 5 minutes away, miss. I'll speed up though." He keeps his promise and presses the gas pedal all the way down.

Before they make it there, Normani picks up Dinah's phone that is lying face down on the floorboard of the car and reads the message. Her face pales and she immediately dials Lauren's number.

Pick up, pick up, Normani thinks as she continues to try and calm a hysterical Dinah down.

Meanwhile, Lauren is still at the club and she's just about to go get some water from the bar when Steph grabs her arm.

"Someone named Dinah is calling you." The girl says and then hands Lauren her phone. Lauren thanks her and then answers the call.

"Hello?" She yells into the phone while pressing one finger into her other ear so she can hear over the loud music.

"Lauren oh thank God! It's Camila!" Lauren hears Normani's frantic voice and her words immediately make the green-eyed girl's heart sink. "She called Dinah earlier and she was hysterical. We immediately jumped on the first plane we could get and flew to California. We were on our way to her apartment when Dinah received a cryptic text from Mila. I think she's hurt herself, Lauren. You need to come to the apartment immediately."

Lauren doesn't even reply, she just hangs up the phone and runs over to Keana. She grabs her purse from her hastily and then without another word she runs out the door to the parking lot. She frantically searches the purse and retrieves the keys from it. Once she has them in hand, she slides in the car and speeds out of the parking lot.

When the Uber driver pulls up to the apartment, Dinah immediately jumps out and scrambles her way up the steps to the apartment.

Please let her be okay, Dinah thinks as she frantically searches for apartment number 13.

Lauren and Camila loved that number because it was the chapter that Camila was reading in To Kill a Mockingbird when she first met Lauren. The same chapter that Lauren wrote "will you marry me" in when she proposed to Camila. The two then went on to get married on the 13th because they found that number so significant to their relationship.

When the Polynesian stumbles upon the number, her heart starts beating rapidly in her chest. Truth be told, she would've known this was Camila's apartment even if she didn't know the number because there is a banana print doormat and a pile of clothes outside the door. Clothes she assumes belong to Lauren.