Chapter 10

"Alright boy, mama has to go to work, but I'll be back this afternoon." Lauren promises as she picks up the puppy. She momentarily snuggles him to her before setting him back down and refilling his food and water bowls. The girl smiles as she watches him saunter over to his paw-print patterned bed and lay his his head on his front paws.

With a smile on her face and a cup of coffee in her hand, the green-eyed girl makes her way out the door and heads to her new job. When she arrives, she is immediately shown to her new classroom. Her eyes immediately light up when she stands in front of the black door wearing a name plate that has Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui etched on it. When she enters the room that now belongs to her, she allows her eyes to scan over everything inch of it. There are 20 chairs and a painting easel in front of each one. Blank canvasses and bottles of paint occupy the wooden shelves at the back of the room.

Her morning goes by relatively fast. She teaches two art classes in the morning and one after lunch. After teaching the second class, she grabs her purse and heads to the door to go get lunch. During her tour of the school this morning, her boss informed her that she could in fact leave for lunch and then come back if she wanted. Though that is what she is doing today, she vowed to herself that she would start bringing her lunch from home most days because eating out can be bad for you if it's done too often and she has always been good about watching her figure.

When she steps out of her new room, she comes face to face with an unfamiliar red-headed woman.

"You must be Ms. Jauregui." She speaks up before Lauren can get a word out.

"Yes, I am Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui." The new art teacher corrects the stranger politely.

The red-head offers a tight smile before extending her hand to the brunette. "I'm Bella. I teach graphic design."

Lauren takes the awaiting hand in hers. "Lauren. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you." The red-head grins while not so subtly checking out the brunette.

Lauren clears her throat awkwardly. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going for-"

"Damn." Bella interrupts, licking her lips as she looks past a confused and slightly annoyed Lauren. "Latinas are my favorite."

Lauren furrows her eyebrows before spinning around to see what the redhead is looking at. Her eyes widen when she sees Camila and Dinah walking toward her, a sack and drink in tow. Lauren smiles, Bella's remarks leaving her mind when she locks eyes with the brown eyes that are thankfully drawing closer to her.

"Mmmm." Bella licks her lips again and Lauren looks over at the woman oggling at her wife. She just huffs and closes the gap between her and the two girls.

"Camz, hey." Lauren breathes out when she finds herself standing right in front of the brunette.

"Hey, Lo." Camila smiles at the green-eyed girl. "We uh brought you lunch since it's your first day and all." She extends the sack and drink to the green-eyed girl before tucking her hands in her back pockets. Lauren takes them and offers her a grateful smile.

"You're the best." Lauren mumbles as she digs through the paper sack. Burger and fries. Her favorite.

"The nerve." Dinah scoffs after having witnessed the entire interaction. "I drove her big ass through the drive thru and then drove her here and I don't even get a thank you."

"Dinah." Camila slaps the Polynesian on the arm. "My ass is not big." She whispers through her teeth.

Lauren chuckles at the two best friends, but stops abruptly when Camila narrows her eyes at her.