Chapter 24

"Camz, why are you so nervous?" Lauren chuckles at the anxious brunette who is currently smoothing out her dress for the hundredth time.

"Because they know me, but I don't know them and that makes me nervous. I mean they met me before the accident so what if they hate this me?" Camila wipes her sweaty hands on her red dress.

"Well at least Dinah's here to make you look better." Ally shrugs and Dinah scoffs in annoyance.

"I feel the love, Allyson." The Polynesian crosses her arms and pouts.

"I just hate disappointing people and they obviously once thought highly of me because they let me marry you. I just feel like this me will let them down and I hate letting people down." Camila voices her concerns.

Currently, all five girls are headed over to the Jauregui house for Thanksgiving and while all the other girls are excited, mainly about the food, Camila can't help but be apprehensive about it. When they pull up to the house, Lauren immediately turns off the car and gets out. She meets the nervous brunette in front of the car and puts her hands on the exposed tanned shoulders in front of her.

"Camila, they'll love you." Lauren smiles warmly at the girl. Truth be told, she's flattered that Camila's nervous about meeting her parents... again. It reminds her of the first time she brought the girl home.

Flashback

"Baby, they'll love you." Lauren promises as she turns to face the brunette sitting in her passenger's seat.

Lauren and Camila have been dating for about 5 months now and Lauren thought it was about time that Camila met her parents. Plus, they have been bugging her nonstop to bring her by.

"What if you talked me up and I don't live up to their expectations. Oh God, what if they hate me and then we break up because you don't want to date a girl that your parents hate." The younger girl rambles.

"Camz." The green-eyed girl cups her tanned cheeks with her hands. "First, they would never hate you. Second, if they did, which wouldn't happen in a million years, I would never break up with you."

"Promise?" Camila lifts her pinky in between the two and Lauren chuckles momentarily before dropping a hand from the girl's face and interlocking her pinky with the awaiting one. She uses their interlocked fingers to pull the girl closer and capture Camila's lips in hers. Lauren moves her lips slowly and Camila follows suit. The green-eyed girl trails her thumb back and forth across the tanned cheek under it momentarily before pulling away.

"No one's opinion of you will ever change my opinion of you." Lauren promises, her green eyes oozing love and adoration.

"Same, babe." Camila breathes out and the older girl takes her hand so she can lead them up the driveway.

"Ready?" Lauren asks as they approach the door.

"Ready." The younger brunette nods, her eyes trained on the wooden door before her.

End of Flashback

"Promise?" Camila reaches out her pinky and Lauren doesn't hesitate to wrap hers around it.

"Promise." She smiles. "Ready?"

"Ready." Camila nods and Lauren leads the four girls up to her front door. She opens it and walks into her childhood home. As soon as she enters, she is greeted by Clara and Mike.

"Hi, honey." Clara embraces her daughter.

"Hi, mom." Lauren wraps her arms around the woman and breathes in the familiar, comforting scent of her mother. When Clara lets her go, Mike immediately embraces her in a bear hug.