Chapter 44

Camila walks into her and Lauren's apartment after her 5 mile run to find that her wife is still giving her little sister painting lessons. She smiles as she watches Lauren try to explain something painting related to her sister.

"Hey loves." Camila says as she takes off her headphones and lays them on the table by the door. Her smile widens when both of the brunettes mumble a quick 'hey' back to her. She playfully rolls her eyes when the two seem so concentrated in what they are doing that neither of them even look up at her. The young Latina heads to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water from the fridge and after retrieving it, she closes the door back and spins around to find her beautiful wife standing in front of her. Lauren doesn't say anything, she just steps closer, effectively pinning Camila between herself and the fridge. She slowly leans in and captures her wife's lips in her own and finds herself smiling into the kiss when she feels Camila smile against her lips.

"Goodmorning beautiful." Lauren whispers after she pulls away from the kiss. "I went and picked up Sofi this morning after you left to go run because I promised her a while ago I'd teach her some painting techniques."

"Morning, Lo." Camila raises her arms and snakes them around her wife's neck so she can pull her back in for another gentle kiss. "I think it's cute that you're hanging out with my sister. If you two are finished, I can run her home."

"I can, babe." Lauren smiles before leaning in and sniffing Camila's neck. "Besides, you need to shower. You kinda smell."

The younger brunette scoffs playfully and tries to sidestep her wife, but Lauren just keeps her pinned against the fridge. "I'm kidding, baby. I think you are incredibly sexy even when you are sweaty." Lauren nudges her nose against her wife's neck before trailing her tongue up it until she reaches the girl's ear. "You taste so fucking good too." She husks and Camila feels her core heat up at Lauren's words. She smashes her lips against Lauren's and the two start making out heavily. Lauren unattaches their lips and kisses back down Camila's neck and starts sucking on her pulse point, only stopping when she hears Sofi's voice.

"Lolo why are you biting Kaki's neck?" Sofi questions as she watches the two and Lauren spins around to face the little girl.

"I was just uh pretending to be a vampire. We were just being silly." Lauren tries to play it off, hoping that Sofi doesn't ask why her breathing is heavy and her face is deep red.

"Oh I want to play!" Sofi bounces up and down and Camila finds herself choking on air. Lauren smirks at her wife's reaction momentarily before turning back around to face her, her eyes pleading for Camila to help her out of this mess. Camila just walks past Lauren over to where Sofi is standing and bends down so she's on her sister's level.

"Lolo is going to take you home, but you can come back over another time this week and you two can finish your painting lessons. How does that sound?" The older sister reaches out and tucks a strand of hair behind Sofi's ear.

"Yay! I can't wait!" The younger girl bounces up and down again before leaning in and placing a quick kiss to her sister's cheek. "Bye, Kaki. Love you."

Camila smiles before leaning in and placing a kiss to her baby sister's forehead. "I love you. See you soon, kiddo." She pats her sister's shoulder before making her way to her and Lauren's room. When she gets to the door, she turns around and faces her wife. "And I'll see you when you get back." She sends the green-eyed girl a quick wink before shutting the door to the bedroom and turning on the shower.

After taking Sofi back to Sinu and Alejandro's house, Lauren stops by the store to grab a bottle of wine. She finally makes it back to the apartment 30 minutes later and when she steps into the apartment, her jaw drops. Camila is sitting on a chair in the middle of their living room... naked. Her knees are pulled to her chest, her arms slung loosely around her knees. This immediately takes Lauren back to the night when the two of them snuck into the art studio at the college a couple of years back.