Chapter 31

Camila groans when she sees "Unknown Number" pop up on her phone. This has been happening every day for the past week and like clockwork, she sends the call to voicemail. Seconds later, she gets a notification saying she has one new voicemail. Hesitantly she presses play and brings the phone to her ear.

You can hide out in California all you want, but eventually you'll have to return to Miami and face me. I hope you aren't planning to return to Lauren when you get back because if you do, I'll make it my number one priority to make both of your lives a living hell. Come home soon, baby. I miss you.

Camila shudders at the sound of Austin's voice and quickly deletes the voicemail. Before she throws it into her beach bag, she sends Dinah a quick text.

[12:30 pm] Camila🍌 : Keep her safe for me, D. I'll be home soon. xx

It's true, she will be home soon. Next weekend to be exact. She is putting the finishing touches on her EP and Eric said she would be free to go home by Friday of next week, which works out quite nicely considering Dinah and Normani's wedding is next Saturday. Luckily, she had already gotten sized for her maid of honor dress back during the summer and Dinah informed her recently that her dress is hanging in her room in their apartment.

Camila's stomach flips every time she remembers that she will come face to face with Lauren again in a weeks time. She just hopes that the green-eyed girl doesn't hate her for leaving the way she did. It would absolutely destroy her if she looked in Lauren's eyes and saw anything that remotely resembled hate or distrust. She immediately shakes the thoughts from her head as she spreads her beach towel out on the hot sand. She pulls her book out of her bag, but it slips out of her hands and falls face down on the sand. She immediately retrieves it and dusts the sand off. It's such a small gesture, but it triggers a huge memory that she thought she'd never have the pleasure of ever remembering again.

Flashback

Camila wakes up from her nap and immediately looks at the clock that reads 3 pm. She looks around the unfamiliar room, forgetting where she is momentarily, but then she remembers that her and Lauren flew to Venice this morning to celebrate their two year anniversary that is tomorrow. They wanted to celebrate their anniversary in the place where it all began. She frowns when she reaches her arm out and all she feels is a cold bed. When she sits up and stretches, she notices an envelope sitting on the nightstand. The front of it reads come find me, baby and when she opens it up, there is a card that says where green eyes locked with brown for the first time.

Camila scrambles out of the bed and throws on a pair of ripped jeans and a tank top. Once she is dressed and looks halfway decent, she gets in their rental car and heads to the classroom where they first met. When she arrives there, she finds her second clue, which reads where we both realized we never wanted somebody else. Camila smiles like an idiot and tucks the note into her back pocket as she grabs her keys and drives to the arena where they shared their first kiss. There she finds a The 1975 album sitting behind the glass of the box office. There is a note taped to it that reads where we almost recreated the steamy scene in Titanic. She blushes momentarily before taking a quick picture of the clue and getting in her car to drive to the local college again.

When she arrives at the art classroom where she stripped down in front of Lauren for the first time, she finds another clue sitting on a stool in the middle of the room, where she sat years ago. The clue reads where I gave you all of me and you did the same... p.s. I know something about this art room makes you want to take off all your clothes, but please wait until you find me so I can help you out of them. She just laughs before heading back to the car and driving to the place where they made love for the first time.