Chapter 63

"I got the job!" Camila yells as she hangs up the phone. Seconds later, Lauren enters the room, scoops her up in her arms, and spins her around. "I can't believe I'm going to teach again. Even if it is just a long term substitute position, I'm still happy to be back in the classroom." The younger brunette sighs in contentment as her wife puts her back on her feet.

"They would be crazy not to hire you, Camz." Lauren kisses the corner of her wife's lips. "I'm so proud of you." Camila smiles and snakes her arms around her wife's neck.

"Just try not to waltz into this classroom and force me to leave the school again, yeah? I'd like to keep this job." Camila smirks and Lauren quirks an eyebrow at her wife's not so funny joke.

"Not funny, Camz. Still too soon." Lauren groans as she buries her face in Camila's neck.

"Sorry." The younger Cuban says sheepishly. "So did you hear back from your friend from Venice?"

After the wedding, Camila and Lauren went on their honeymoon to Venice. Lauren surprised her wife with the trip and the two ended up taking strolls all over the city. They were able to reminisce and see all the places where they made memories together. They even got to visit Camila's old school where she taught at and the art studio where Lauren worked. By the time the honeymoon was over, both girls knew what they wanted to pursue when they got back to Miami. Camila wanted to get back into teaching and Lauren wanted to open an art studio in Miami with the help of her friend in Venice.

"Yeah, she said that she still wants to think it over and for me to be looking for possible buildings that we could turn into a studio." Lauren says as she makes her way over to the Keurig for some coffee.

"Well that's good news! It sounds like she's really interested." Camila follows Lauren to the kitchen and grabs a banana.

"She kept encouraging me to open one regardless of what her answer is though." The green-eyed girl pours the coffee into her mug.

"Well it'll all work out I'm sure." Camila plants a kiss to her wife's cheek. "I'm going to drop Sofi off at school and then I'm headed to the high school to see my classroom." The Latina peels her banana as she walks to the front door. "Sofi, let's go! You're going to be late."

"Coming, coming." The young girl comes barreling into the front of the house with her backpack strapped to her shoulders. She runs over to the kitchen where the green-eyed girl is holding out her lunchbox. She goes to grab it, but Lauren jerks it away from her and points to her cheek. The youngest Cuban rolls her eyes playfully, a huge grin making it's way across her features.

"Bye, Lolo." Sofi says as she stands on the tip of her toes and plants a kiss to the green-eyed girl's cheek.

"Bye, kid." Lauren says as she extends the lunchbox to the girl once more. "Have a great day at school."

"Thanks for making her lunch, baby." Camila opens the front door and leans against it. "Speaking of lunch, we still on?"

"The Panera Bread by my work. I'll see you there at noon." Lauren smiles tenderly at her wife. "Love you, babe."

"I love you back." Camila winks at Lauren before exiting the house and driving to Sofi's school.

The two girls ride in silence for most of the way to the school. That is until the younger girl hears a particular song come on the radio.

"Kaki! It's your song!" Sofi turns up the radio as loud as it'll go and Camila chuckles. Sofi starts belting "Back to You" by Selena Gomez, which was written by Camila. Epic wouldn't let her out of her contract, but they did agree to let her stop performing and touring as long as she continued to write songs that they could pitch to other artists. It was actually a win for Camila because she loves songwriting. Plus, hearing her favorite artists, like Selena Gomez, singing her songs on the radio is pretty fucking awesome.