Chapter 55

A/N: The worst is over guys, but I still feel the need to add trigger warnings to this chapter and maybe a few more after because there will be mentions of the attempted suicide. With that being said, I hope you enjoy the update. Love you guys. xx

**trigger warning for mentions of suicide**

Camila blinks her eyes open and she immediately squints them when the bright light pouring in through the windows around her momentarily blinds her.

Where am I? She thinks as she looks around the room. When she moves her arm, she feels a tug and looks down to see that an IV is inserted into it.

Hospital.

It is then that everything comes flooding back to her.

The text message from Lauren, the phone call from the officer, the pills.

When she looks around the room, she sees Dinah sleeping in a chair next to her bed. Her heart immediately warms at the sight of her best friend. She hasn't seen her all summer and truth be told, Dinah, along with Normani and Ally, is all she has left.

"Cheech." Camila whispers, her voice hoarse. That simple whisper is all it takes to wake Dinah up. She is sitting up wide eyed seconds after hearing the familiar nickname grace her ears.

"Mila." Dinah scrambles up from the chair and immediately rushes over to the brunette's side. Camila scoots over a bit so the girl can accompany her on the bed. The Polynesian lays her head on Camila's chest and slings an arm over the girl's waist. They both lay there silently until Camila feels tears soaking her hospital gown. Tears sting her own eyes when she watches Dinah's shoulders start shaking. The Cuban doesn't speak up, she just tightens her hold on her best friend.

"You promised me you wouldn't do anything stupid." Dinah finally speaks up after minutes of silence.

"I'm so sorry I didn't keep my promise." Camila leans down and places a kiss to the crown of Dinah's head. This causes the girl to raise her head up and look in Camila's brown eyes. The Latina's heart constricts in her chest at the sight of her usually vibrant best friend looking so broken.

"I walked in t-the room and y-you were laying u-unconscious on the floor with an e-empty pill bottle beside y-you I was so scared." Dinah admits as more tears trickle down her cheeks. "I t-thought I lost you, Mila. I t-thought I had l-lost my best f-friend."

"I'm right here, babe. I'm alive." Camila sighs as she reaches up and wipes the tears away from Dinah's cheeks. To be honest, she doesn't know how she feels about being alive right now. Her heart is so shattered and she doesn't think there is any way she can live her life with this much brokenness inside her.

Dinah notices how the light goes out in her best friend's eyes when she says the two words "I'm alive" and that terrifies the blonde to no end.

"But you don't look happy to be alive, Camila." Dinah says what's on her mind. Something she's always done and prided herself for. She's always been honest with everyone around her. Friends or strangers, it didn't matter. She's always thought that honesty was the best policy.

"I want to lie and say I am, but I just can't." Camila admits, the tears she was keeping at bay earlier finally cascade down her tan cheeks. "I lost everything." The Latina's lip quivers.

"Lauren..." Dinah perks up when she remembers that the green-eyed girl and Normani ran down to the food court to get some dinner.

Camila's eyes widen when she hears her wife's name fall from Dinah's lips.

"I need to call Lauren to tell her you are-"

"NO!" Camila practically shouts and Dinah jumps a little at the unexpected outburst.