Chapter 15

Lauren sets aside the art portfolios she's currently grading and picks up her phone that just dinged.

[4:31 pm] Dinah Jane💄: Sleepover at our apartment tonight. You in?

[4:32 pm] Lauren🎨 : I have a lot of art portfolios to grade 😫

[4:34 pm] Dinah Jane💄: It wasn't a question. Your girl has been extra on edge lately after seeing her attacker. She needs this.

[4:35 pm] Lauren🎨 : Of course I'll be there then...

[4:36 pm] Dinah Jane💄: Knew if I played the Mila card your pale ass would come running 😏

[4:37 pm] Lauren🎨 : What can I say? I'm whipped💁🏻‍I came to terms with this a long time ago.

[4:38 pm] Dinah Jane💄: Ugh my ship is the cutest I swear. See ya at 5:30, Ralph.

Lauren shakes her head at the Polynesian before finshing up the art portfolio she's grading. After setting it aside, she gets up and throws on a pair of sweats and her favorite The 1975 sweatshirt. She combs her fingers through her disheveled curls before applying a little bit of powder to her face and a light shade of lipstick. When she enters back into the living room area, she smiles at the not so little puppy sitting by her front door.

"Maybe Dinah won't be mad if I bring a plus one." Lauren smiles when Cam cocks his head to the side. After grabbing her phone and keys, she escorts them both to the apartment across from hers and knocks on the door.

Dinah opens it and raises an eyebrow at her when she sees the puppy sitting between the girl's legs. "Did I say you could bring a plus one, Ralph?"

"Oh c'mon, DJ. You said it yourself, Camz needs cheering up and I know for a fact that this little guy will do the trick." Lauren scratches the top of the dog's head and Dinah huffs before stepping aside. Lauren smiles triumphantly as she enters the apartment. "Hey guys." She greets Mani and Ally, who are fiddling with the DVD player.

"Hey Laur." They both say in unison before returning their attention to the DVD player.

"Where is Camila?" The brunette's brows furrow when she doesn't see the younger Latina anywhere.

"Her room." Dinah points to the back. "Tell her we are about to start the movie so she needs to get her Cuban ass in here." Lauren nods and leads Cam down the hallway.

"Camz." Lauren knocks once. She smiles when she hears a muffled 'come in.' She opens the door and Cam runs in first. Her smile widens when Camila squeals.

"Hi, baby!" The brunette jumps up from the bed when she sees her favorite animal saunter into her room. "Whatcha been doing, bud?" Camila cooes as she scratches behind his ears.

"Chewing up his dog bed and peeing all over everything." Lauren chuckles as she enters Camila's room.

"Hi, Lo." Camila smiles up at the older girl momentarily before returning her attention back to the puppy. "You been giving your mom a hard time?" She asks and Cam just licks her face in response.

"So Dinah told me to tell you that the movie is starting." Lauren bends down to join Camila in petting Cam.

As if on cue, Dinah yells from the living room. "Camren! We are going to start the movie without you if you don't get your asses in here!"

Camila chuckles before standing up straight. "You heard the woman." She playfully rolls her eyes and leads them all out of the room. When they enter the living room, all three of the girls are curled up on the big couch, which leaves Lauren and Camila to sit on the smaller one.