Chapter 34

As soon as Camila enters the reception area, she sees Dinah and Normani sitting at a table, When her eyes meet Dinah's, the Polynesian sends her a knowing smirk and Camila just rolls her eyes, a small smile playing on her lips. She finds Ally and the shorter girl hands her a mic.

"I gave the DJ your music so you're good to go." She smiles and ushers Camila to the front of the room where the speakers and DJ are set up. The musician faces the guests and clears her throat.

"I've never been good with speaking my feelings, I would much rather express them through music." Camila grips the microphone tighter. "I wrote this song about a love that's pure and magical. I wrote it about a love that's damn near close to perfect. This one is for the newlyweds. It's called 'Perfect.'" Camila smiles and when the music starts playing, she closes her eyes momentarily and takes a calming breath before starting to sing the song.

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was

Camila opens her eyes and scans the room until she finds her favorite pair of green ones. She wants her eyes to be locked with Lauren's when she sings the next few lines.

I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

Lauren allows the first tear to fall when she hears the mention of children. She wants it all with Camila and by the look in her wife's eyes when she sang that part of the song, Lauren knows Camila wants it all with her too.

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your woman
I see my future in your eyes

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

When the music fades, Camila smiles gratefully when everyone erupts in cheers. Dinah and Normani stand up and walk to the front to hug the young Latina.

"Mila, that was beautiful." Normani wipes the dampness from her cheeks.

"I hope you put that one on the EP, Chanch. It was fire!" Dinah high fives her best friend.

"The EP is filled up, but rest assured that 'Perfect' will be on the next album." Camila promises. Seconds later, she feels arms snake around her waist and she sees a pale hand holding a drink up to her. She takes it and smiles when she feels lips press to her bare shoulder.

"That was beautiful, babe. You were amazing." Lauren hovers her lips over Camila's ear momentarily before reaching around and placing a kiss to her cheek.

"Thanks, Lo." Camila grins widely and leans back against Lauren's chest.

"MY SHIP HAS SAILED!" Dinah announces and it's loud enough to get the attention of half the guests in the room.