Chapter 66

"Dinah seriously? I'm supposed to be meeting with a lady tonight about a building downtown that I could potentially turn into an art gallery and you want me to cancel so I can go get drinks with you, Mani, and Ally?" Lauren asks the Polynesian incredulously and Dinah just shrugs.

Lauren had heard some rustling around in her kitchen around lunchtime today and came downstairs to find the Polynesian sitting at their table, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She claimed that they were out of groceries at her house and she was starved. Lauren and Camila are both used to it by now. Dinah stole one of their keys and had herself a key to their house made so basically the blonde just comes and goes as she pleases.

"Well going out with your friends and getting drunk sounds like a hell of a lot more fun to me. Just tell the lady that you got sick and need to reschedule for another day this week." She propositions while grabbing another chip from the bag and popping it into her mouth. Lauren snatches the chips away and puts them back into the cabinet before Dinah can eat the whole bag. 

It's been a few weeks since the get together at Camila and Lauren's house and everyone has been insanely busy so no one has had time to see each other. Lauren has still been scouring Miami for a potential building to turn into an art studio, Camila has been job hunting, and the other girls have been busy with their jobs. So it isn't surprising to Lauren in the slightest that Dinah is asking her to hang out.

"Okay, okay you win. I'll reschedule and meet you at the bar tonight. I don't know if Camz can come or not because I know she has two job interviews today and then tonight she has a meeting with some lady that she's paying to help her make her resume better." Lauren frowns slightly and Dinah just nods.

"Well I'm sad Mila can't come, but at least we get to have drinks with 1/2 of Camren tonight." The Polynesian says enthusiastically and Lauren chuckles. The green-eyed girl pulls out her phone and sends a quick text to Camila saying that she's going to reschedule with the real estate agent because their friends are pressuring her to go get drinks instead.

She smiles when she gets an immediate text back that says, Have fun with the girls baby. Wish I could be there. Oh and get a real drink tonight. Not an Angry Orchard. Love you. Lauren rolls her eyes playfully because Camila just had to say something about her choice of beer. Some things never change.

Once Lauren finishes her lunch and shoos Dinah out of her house, she calls the lady to tell her she will have to reschedule. However, when the lady offers to meet her at the property now instead of later in the afternoon, Lauren agrees.

As soon as she steps into the building that's located in a perfect spot in downtown Miami, she falls in love. She spends a few hours looking around and asking the lady questions, but deep down, she knows this is it. This is the place she wants to turn into an art gallery. After signing some paperwork that makes her the owner of the space, she drives back to the house with a smile on her face. When she arrives home, she frowns at the quiet that surrounds the place. Sofi is hanging out at Shawn and Ally's new apartment. Shawn agreed to watch the younger Cabello while all the girls went out tonight. Cam, however, does greet her at the door and Lauren spends some time playing with the dog before she heads up to the bedroom she shares with Camila and starts getting ready for the night. Dinah suggested they meet at the bar around 7 since three out of the four of them have work early tomorrow.

"Well I guess now I have work tomorrow too." Lauren says excitedly to Cam, who is laying on their bed sleeping while she gets ready. "I have an art gallery to create." She whispers excitedly. The only response she gets from Cam is a soft snore, which makes her chuckle.

After applying her final touch of make up, red lipstick, she grabs her keys and drives to the bar. When she arrives, all the girls are already sitting at the bar gossiping, a drink in each of their hands.

"Ralph! Get your pale ass over here and tell the bartender what you want. I'm buying first round." Dinah waves her over and Lauren rolls her eyes at her loud friend. When she makes it over to the group, she gives them each a hug and then sits down on a bar stool next to Dinah.

"How about some live music, yeah?" Lauren hears a male voice ask and the small bar erupts in cheers. Just as he says that, the bartender returns with their drinks and Lauren takes a sip of her Amaretto Sour.

"Long time no see, Miami." Lauren hears a familiar voice echo through the bar and she spins around in her chair so fast that she almost gives herself whiplash. Her heart starts beating rapidly in her chest when her eyes land on her gorgeous wife. She's wearing a bomber jacket with a white shirt under it that has the letter C on it and blue jean shorts. She's balancing her guitar on her lap, a soft smile on her features. "I actually only have one song I want to sing before I join my amazing friends and beautiful wife for a night out."

"Did you know she'd be here?" Lauren leans over and whispers to Dinah and the Polynesian nods her head.

"She told me I needed to bring you all here tonight. I have no idea what she's got planned though." Dinah takes another sip of her drink and they all turn their attention back to the brunette on the stage.

"If you know this one, which most of you do, sing along." Camila says before she starts strumming the guitar.

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh

You were in college, working part-time, waiting tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk, with a fear of fallin'
Wondering why we bother with love, if it never lasts

I say, "Can you believe it?"
As we're lyin' on the couch
The moment, I can see it
Yes, yes, I can see it now

Do you remember, we were sittin', there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine

Flash forward, and we're takin' on the world together
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes

And we got bills to pay
We got a baby on the way
When it was hard to take
Yes, yes
This is what I thought about

Dinah, Normani, and Ally gasp while Lauren chokes on the sip of beer she just took right before Camila sang that particular line that is not part of the original song. Dinah pats her on the back, but Lauren waves her off and gives her a thumbs up showing that she's fine. Not seconds later, Lauren pulls her attention from the beautiful Latina on the stage when she feels a tap on her shoulder. She turns around and sees the bartender offering her a bottle. She takes the bottle in her hands and reads the label.

Drink this for me. I won't be able to for 9 more months. YOU'RE GOING TO BE A MOM! Now come kiss me.

Tears cloud Lauren's vision and she covers her mouth with her free hand. She keeps reading the words over and over again until Dinah grabs the bottle from her hand. The Polynesian squeals loudly and soon after, Normani and Ally do too.

"You're going to be a mom, Ralph!" Dinah wraps her up in a hug and Lauren lets out a sound that's a mix between a laugh and a sob. The other girls join the hug and offer up a million congratulations.

Do you remember, we were sittin' there, by the water?
You put your arm around me, for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine

When Camila strums the last note, Lauren stands up from her bar stool and makes her way to the stage. When she gets to the side of it, Camila has already put the guitar down and is sitting on the stool with a wide smile on her face and tears in her eyes.

"You're- ... we're- ... Is this really happening?" Lauren stumbles over her words, her voice thick with emotion.

Camila reaches into the side of her jacket pocket and pulls out a pregnancy test. She holds the test out to Lauren and the older brunette grabs it and studies it. She sees that is has a plus sign on it. "And before you ask if I'm sure sure..." She reaches in her jacket pocket and pulls out 4 more sticks. Lauren takes them all and looks at each one of them.

All plus signs.

Lauren looks back up at Camila, both have tears rolling down their cheeks and smiles on their faces. "We're having a baby, Lauren. We're pregnant."