Chapter 17- Backfire

"Thank you for existing
Please call me, I’ll buy you food
I think I’m crazy these days" You read out loud the lyrics NamJoon has written, while sitting on the couch, leaning front and holding the paper in your hands. 

"I'll buy you food?" you raise an eyebrow and look at NamJoon who is casually sitting on the sofa. 

"What?" he asks clueless. 

"Have you ever used this as a pickup line?" you ask smiling at him. 

"Yes" he says furrowing his eyebrows.

"Did it work?"

"Yes" He says and purses his lips. 

"She must've really loved food then" you snicker and get back to reading the lyrics. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asks pouting. 

"I dunno, what do you want it to mean?" you continue playing with him. 

"You're awful" he playfully growls and it causes you to chuckle.

"Yaah, you two stop and focus" Yoongi says once he has finished reading the lyrics you wrote.

You turn to look at him, awaiting for his thoughts on the song. 

"The lyrics are beautiful," he comments, "What kind of music have you prepared for this?" 

"I have it in my phone, gimme a sec" You say and open your phone, pressing the pass code, and then start searching for the beat in your music library. 

Once you find it you press on it to play, and the sounds of a guitar softly playing begin and then slowly the drums joining it with other melodies as well. 

"You have rap parts for this, right?" NamJoon asks, wondering if you considered the fact that NamJoon, Hoseok and Yoongi are better at rapping that doing vocals. 

"Of course, who do you pass me for?" You ask playfully, and pressing on the 'pause'  symbol on you phone to stop the music. 

​​​​​​"For someone who plays sick jokes, obviously" You hear and angry voice come from behind NamJoon. 

You look up and you see Jimin, now wearing  black sweatpants and a black, as well,  t-shirt, holding the shampoo bottle you messed with. You snicker the moment you see Jimin's hair having a not so beautiful shade of red.  

Jimin sends you his most deathly glare. 

"Woaaah! What did you do to your hair?" Yoongi asks taken aback by the sudden change on Jimin's appearance. 

"It's.... Odd... " NamJoon says cautiously not trying to set his friend on edge.  

You sit still, trying to contain your laughter, barely succeeding. However, Jimin does one thing that sets you off into a fit of uncontrollable laughter; He simply huffs turning around and you see a big part off his hair still remaining brown and all the red circling it around in a very, very ugly manner. 

You are laughing so hard you fall off the couch, leaning face-down, but still laughing,  nonetheless. 

"Why did you do this?" Jimin asks very angry, his muscles flexing from now and then.

Yoongi and NamJoon look confused for a moment as they don't understand what you have to do with Jimin's red hair. Once they make out the connection, they realize that you pulled a prank on him, they start, as well, laughing at their arses off. 

"Ooohh, come on people! Are you serious?" Jimin stomps his foot.

​​​​​​"The back of your head" you say with a really high pitched voice, because of the lack of air in your lungs, "Looks" you try to take in a breath, "So hilarious"  you finally manage to say and literally roll on the floor laughing.