Chapter 92- Have Mercy

"Oh...my....God."

That is Kim SeokJin. Currently, his mouth is hanging open forming a small 'o', that in a weird but satisfying way matches his face. And of course, this facial expression matches all the five boys' that are witnessing the sight that's taking place in front of them. Only Hoseok and Jimin don't seem too surprised with it. Well, Jimin because he's already grown immune to it. 

Hoseok?

He's simply lost hope.

"We need EunBi back," Jungkook whispers over SeokJin's shoulder and the elder slowly nods his head in agreement.

"Let's not be that pessimistic. She could improve," NamJoon, who is equally stunned by the sight of you dancing, mutters to the two, "I mean if I can look half-decent while dancing. She definitely can get there."

"Are you sure about that, NamJoon?" Yoongi deadpans and NamJoon remains silent too busy gulping his saliva down to reply.

"Hoseok's looking pale," Jungkook whispers to Taehyung and nods his head towards the dance teacher. The heads turn and they all take in his sight. Indeed the sight is not good. His lips are in a thin line, eyes fierce-looking -but holding a lot of fear in them as well. His arms are folded over his chest and...clearly, he does not look happy. The authoritative aura that can make even the most confident of people feel frightened is surrounding him. It almost makes the boys feel bad for you.

The music stops. You turn around. Sweaty and with a flushed face. You're heaving and truth be told you feel tired. Jimin may have made the whole experience feel light and more fun than strict dance lessons, but he still gave no breaks. Trapping you into doing the same routine over and over with that bright smile and supportive and warm tone in his voice. You just couldn't bring yourself to stop and in any way disappoint him. You look at their faces to get the first taste of their impression and well- it's exactly what you expected.

"I'm that bad, aren't I?"

"What? No! No!" they all immediately start denying. First of them being Jimin who walked to your side as soon as he saw the disappointment in your eyes. But all of it got muffled out the second you made the connection. The truth is you weren't really expecting to do well on the first day. You are aware that dance is just not included in your talent skills, so it would need a lot more work for you to reach a certain level rather than someone else who's more inclined to it. But then again, turning around and seeing their faces? That hit differently. Because you realized that this team depends on you and they can't afford mistakes in order to win first place. A place they've proven they desperately want. This isn't a silly game. All their hard word can end up going down the drain. And that will be on you if that happens. 

Suddenly, it feels a little bit harder to breathe. Your vision gets a tad bit blurry and Jimin swears he saw your eyes get glossy before you turned around telling them you'll be going to the bathroom for 'lady business'.

"We- we didn't even say anything," NamJoon stammers confused with your reaction.

"She didn't need much with the faces we were pulling back there," Yoongi points out and NamJoon's shoulders slump.

"Do you think we hurt her feelings?" Jungkook asks looking from NamJoon to Seokjin with wide eyes that do look regretful for what happened.

"I- I don't think she'd be offended and storm off like that," Hoseok mutters sheepishly shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah," Yoongi agrees, "Maybe she's just worried she's not good enough to take EunBi's place and she knows that this will have an effect on the team so..."