Chapter 95- What?

"Hey, Y/N, why did that guy stop you just now?" Jungkook asks you, after you sit down next to him.

Jimin frowns at the sight. Why would Jungkook be asking that? What does he care about? Nevertheless, Jimin is actually curious too, so in a sense, he's glad Jungkook asked so he wouldn't have to.

"Uh, well he asked if I wanted to go out for coffee with him," you reply still not having shaken the awkward feeling you got after the interaction with that person.

"Really?" NamJoon gasps, "Like that out of the blue? With no introduction or anything?"

"That's stupid and bold," Yoongi laughs before taking a sip of his beer.

"I know. It was awkward as hell," you greet your teeth and purse your lips into a thin line. It makes your cheeks puff out and Jungkook stifles a laugh at the sight. Jimin notices, of course.

"What did you tell him?" Jimin asks trying to fish out the information out of you but still attempting to keep a cool and almost uninterested expression. He's really acting odd and it's noticed by everyone, despite that no one's commenting on it. SeokJin on the other hand is highly amused by his reactions. He's catching on to things Jimin himself apparently hasn't.

You take a second to contemplate whether or not to say this given that Jimin didn't give you the friendliest of attitudes earlier, but still go with it nonetheless, "Uh...I told him I'm in a relationship and he asked who it is that I'm dating- not sure what that information would serve him- but I said that my supposed boyfriend is here and he assumed it was you." 

You move your hand towards Jimin and he arches an eyebrow in interest although he doesn't look pleased. SeokJin furrows his eyebrows in suspicion. This reaction doesn't go well with his assumptions. 

"And I didn't deny it nor confirm it. He left after that," you shrug and hope they don't ask further questions because the truth is you did fabricate a few parts of this. To be precise, the man didn't assume Jimin is your boyfriend. You told him you're dating the blonde guy in the baggy, white sweater. Well, he has been using the lie that you two are in a relationship to a lot of people in his life- even his family. So, it should be okay for you to use him to get out of an awkward situation, right? There's nothing wrong with that.

"That's odd," Jimin comments on your story, "It was probably a bet or something."

"Huh?" you ask feeling a tad bit offended. Is he implying that a guy wouldn't hit on you if it wasn't for a bet? "What do you mean by that?"

"If he really wanted to ask you out he would've been more careful with his words and actions," Jimin shrugs and you give him a questioning look, that he doesn't notice because he's too busy eating. But you let his comment slide and decide to not make it a bigger deal, thinking he's probably acting like this because he's tired. 

"Oh, well, it's okay, Noona, you'll have better guys asking you out for a date, don't worry," Jungkook tries to comfort you and rubs your shoulder with his usual shy, bunny smile. Needless, to say Jimin nearly chokes on some kimchi.

"Are you implying something, Kook?" Jimin asks boldly and Jungkook gives him a confused look, as if he's not understanding what he means. Which he isn't. Jungkook would've never thought of dating you, you're like a cooler, older sister to him. One that knows and gives advice about his romantic life.

"That she's a beautiful and charming young woman who deserves the best of the best?" Jungkook shrugs giving a sheepish and unsure look to Jimin before he drinks his cola through a straw.

Would that perhaps be you?  Jimin wonders in his head before he tries to collect himself and not let this get out of hand. He's acting weird.