Chapter 88- Amusing Embarassment

"Thank you, Jimin," you smile at him with warmth radiating from you, "That's very thoughtful of you."

Jimin stays silent but a beaming smile grows on his face as well, pearly white teeth being showcased by his plumb lips, forming a glorious smile. He doesn't stay like that for long however, as you take the plate from his hands and he turns to take his own before he sits down on the kitchen table in front of you.

"So, now you're a part of the team, huh?" he grins cheekily before he takes a mouthful of rice. There's a glint of mischief in his eyes and the way their corners crease.

You stop chewing the food in your mouth and look at him with a blank expression, stating confusion. What? You...? Part of the team? What is he implying? Does he mean that you're in the squad now that you are friends with him? Who put him in charge of squad members casting? Even if that's true, why is it true? Can't everyone be friends with whomever they want?

"I mean the talent show," he chuckles after he notices your lack of understanding. However, his words make the crease between your eyebrows show intensely, "Don't you remember EunBi said that since she's leaving she wants you to replace her?"

You gulp your food with difficulty and your eyes widen. You remain silent for a few seconds before you whisper, "Wh...at?"

Your reaction can't help but amuse Jimin to the point of out-loud laughing. His shoulders rise and push themselves to the front as he throws his head back in a peal of melodic laughter. He finds your reaction adorable for some reason. He covers his mouth his hand

If you had the chance, mentally you would have commented to yourself about how nice that sound is but currently you are being haunted by the flashback of EunBi claiming you as her replacement.

Which isn't so irrational if you think about it. You have participated in the songwriting and composing and you have the voice to sing those songs along with the courage to perform them in front of people with the boys. However, these aren't the only requirements for the competition. Dance is also a key skill needed for it.

And of course, as proven earlier, your dancing skills are too far from the title 'Pink Dance Master' TaeHyung gave you, clearly in grounds of sarcasm.

"You don't think you can do it?" Jimin asks you with a soft voice after he reads the concern on your face, "I'm sure you can sing and you've written a song for it. Where's the problem? You don't like crowds?" this time his face is serious and all mock is gone from his face. Your silence has led him there.

"No, no that's- that's not my problem," you stammer through your words. The news struck you more than you would have liked, "But you guys dance," you purse your lips and your cheeks puff out, "And you have seen my dancing skills, which do not exist," you continue explaining full or irony and showing no mercy to yourself. Self-diss, in other words.

Jimin sighs in relief and he laughs a little bit at your concern, "Don't worry about that," he grins, "Anyone can dance, especially you, Pink Dance Master," the teasing has your pinks turn a shade of dark pink and you bite down on your lip with a regretful expression covering your face.

"Shut up, I can't dance," you playfully hit his arm.

"Ah, come on, it's not that hard. Even NamJoon and SeokJin- Hyung can work them out and they...," he sighs in the thought of the elders' dancing skills. He's glad they are leading different careers. Nonetheless, they work harder than everyone to live up to the expectation and master whatever they can of the dances. And It's true they have shown incredible improvement over the time he's been teaching them. He's proud of them.

"The point is that you shouldn't be so negative about it. As long as there is will and belief that you can do it, then you can do it," he pokes your cheek with the end of a chopstick he holds in his hands, "And you'll have the best teacher of all, so you're bound to get good at it," he leans back in his chair, pinching in nose in attempts to hide his smugness. He rests the chopsticks on the side of the plastic and he rubs his hands on his thighs as he spreads on the chairs.