Part 13

bless me lord Jesus I can't believe how long this chapter is I hope all you hôrny fûcks enjoy this

Word count: 5172

"Get up, get up, get up!" I felt hands shaking me awake and my eyes instantly fluttered open to see Sadie at my bedside. I frowned in confusion at her and looked at the clock.

"Sadie, what the heck are you doing here at seven in the morning?" I asked while rubbing the sleep from my eyes. She climbed into my bed and smiled wildly at me.

"I want to know what happened last night!" She said. "Everything. Tell me everything."

I felt my cheeks redden and I shook my head. "No, you don't need to know every detail of what happened."

"Bïtch, yes I do. Becca's not even here so spill."

I rolled my eyes and covered my face with my hands. I couldn't tell her everything. That stuff was between me and Harry, why couldn't she see that? I sighed. "It's nothing, we just watched some Netflix and hung out."

"Okay, they don't just call it "Netflix and Chill" for nothing, Jill." She stated. "Come on, did he finger you again? With his rings on? Oh my god, imagine that metal against your --,"

"Okay! Stop right there." I said, placing my hands over her mouth. "Please do not continue that sentence."

She huffed against my palm and I dropped my hand from her mouth. "Did you do anything exciting?" She asked.

I shrugged. "That's for me to know and for you to hopefully never find out."

I checked my phone and sadly, I didn't have any messages from Harry like he told me last night. I tried not to show my disappointment in front of Sadie, so I got dressed and went about getting ready.

As I was walking to my last class of the day, I heard someone come up next to me and I turned my head to see Zayn walking beside me. I smiled awkwardly at him, "Hey, what's up?"

"Not much, how are you?" He asked. The mid-October breeze was starting to get a bit chillier and I wrapped my jacket around my body a little tighter.

"I'm fine." I said. I didn't know what I was supposed to say to him. Sorry I bailed on you at the bar for an older man? Yeah, that's a real conversation starter.

"Where are you walking to?" He continued. I nodded my head toward the Language building.

"I've got Oral Comm." I said, and he nodded, looking away from me and at our feet as we crunched the many fallen leaves.

"Listen," he said just before I was about to head in the direction of my class. He stopped at the corner and I hesitantly stopped with him. "I hope I didn't scare you away that night. I really do like you, Jillian."

I wanted to smile but I didn't really know what to do. "You didn't scare me away," I said. "What makes you think that?"

He shrugged. "You just seemed really tense after we got on the dance floor and then you suddenly left. Was it something I said?"

"No, no, it wasn't you." I said. It really wasn't, but my heart was leaning more toward Harry than him. "Honestly, I didn't really want to be there in the first place. The bars aren't exactly my scene."

He nodded understandingly. "Well, I'm glad you made it home safe. None of us knew how you got home so we were all worried."

I chuckled with a sigh. "A friend was there and offered. It's no big deal. I gotta run though if I want to get to class on time so I'll see you later."