Part 26

kind of short but the next chapter will be longer so get over it

love you

Word count: 3053
___________________________________

Thanksgiving Break came sooner than expected. I was packing in my room Thursday night with Becca, listening to Marina and the Diamonds and talking about the week ahead.

She and Louis would of course be spending the holiday with their families, but they were traveling to St. Louis, where she's originally from. She talked about the Arch, and the Budweiser factory, and all the St. Louis Cardinals games she went to when she was younger. It sounded like such a beautiful city.

I had to travel to Olathe, a small town a couple hours from Pittsburg. It was quaint and I missed the small town feel after being in the city for these past few months. We didn't discuss much about my plans, besides my family getting together and having lunch and all that. I, of course, didn't bring up anything about Harry; I still struggled with wanting to tell Becca about him and simply avoiding telling her at all. I figured if I told her I had a boyfriend, she'd then quit trying to set me up with someone else.

As I laid in bed that night, ready to fall asleep, I kept thinking about all the questions my mom was going to ask Harry and I next week. I prayed she wouldn't ask about his plans for Christmas. Surely she wouldn't bring it up, maybe she'd just leave it alone. My mom was a little nosy, but she means well.

I pulled my phone out from under my pillow, pulling up a new message to send Harry before I went to bed.

To: Harry
Goodnight. I can't wait to see you next week.

I hit send and shoved it back under my pillow, closing my eyes and not really expecting a reply from him until tomorrow morning, since it was after midnight and he was probably asleep by now.

Around three in the morning, my phone woke me up with it's annoying vibrating. I cringed, rolling over and silencing it, going back to sleep and deciding to worry about it in the morning. I needed to rest so I had the energy for class and then driving for over two hours in the afternoon.

Becca woke me up later that morning, her snoring louder than a lawnmower. When I couldn't take it anymore, I dragged myself out of bed and got dressed for the day, throwing my toothbrush and toothpaste into my bag after I brushed my teeth so I wouldn't forget them. I then tossed my deodorant in there as well after using it.

I went to class, wishing I had stopped by the student center for a cup of coffee before my eight o'clock class. I had completely forgotten to check my messages when I woke up, so as I waited for the lecture to start, I pulled out my phone and opened the message from Harry that I had received at five o'clock this morning.

From: Harry
Good morning baby. I'm sorry I can't see you today, but I hope you have a safe trip home. I also can't wait to see you next week. xx

I smiled at his message. It sucked that on the last day of me being in Pittsburg, Harry had conference meetings and calls back to back and didn't have any free time, which meant I couldn't stop by and say goodbye and I had to wait until next Thursday to see his face again.

I quickly texted him back as the professor entered the classroom.

To: Harry
I'll be thinking of you until then.

My phone buzzed after the lecture started, so I couldn't answer it, but I did sneak a peek at the screen to see the message preview.

From: Harry
I'm always thinking about you.