Part 20

this pic of harry is such a look i still cry

Word count: 3669
_______________________________

Biggest mistake ever. That's the last time I listen to Sadie when she tells me that we're going to get absolutely hammered -- she wasn't lying.

My head was pounding when I woke up the next morning, instantly shutting my eyes after opening them and almost being blinded by the sunlight. I rolled over to face away from the window and noticed that the bed sheets were most definitely not mine and the clothes I was wearing weren't either.

I carefully looked around in a split moment of panic, and then realized that it was Harry's clothes and his bed, yet he was not beside me.The alarm clock at his bedside read 10:12, causing me to think that he had woken up before me. I slipped out of bed and padded my way to the stairs, looking over the landing and seeing Harry fast asleep on the couch, wrapped in a blanket and his head on one of the pillows from his bed.

I felt bad, realizing that he had actually slept on the couch because he knew that we were in a bit of a falling out and sleeping in the same bed probably wasn't best.

I silently descended the stairs, going into the bathroom to get some ibuprofen and a glass of water. I was craving any sort of food, but Harry only had healthy cereals and breakfast foods, so I settled for some weird healthy cereal concoction. I opened the fridge -- of course, this asshôle has skim milk.

As I ate my makeshift breakfast quietly at the bar counter, I noticed Harry stir on the couch, his head lifting up and he groggily looked over at me, rubbing his eyes and standing from the couch.

"Hey," he said, his raspy morning voice like music to my ears. "How are you feeling?"

He placed his large hands on the counter, his rings still decorating his long fingers and only tempting my desires the more he stood there. I swallowed the cereal in my mouth and set the spoon down. "F-Fine." I said softly.

His facial expression was a mixture between apologetic and wanting. He pursed his lips and leaned his elbows down on the counter, looking at me with his stupidly adorable green eyes. "I'm sorry, Jillian," he said, his voice low and gravelly. "I really am. I would never do something so low to hurt you. I care about you too much and I don't want to let you go. Please, believe me, I don't want to be without you."

"Harry, I -- um, I just wanted to say that I'm the one who should be sorry." I said, and he cocked his head like a confused puppy. "I didn't let you explain yourself. I jumped to conclusions and I was such an awful person to do that. I do trust you. . . believe me, I do. I think in that moment I felt so insecure because I couldn't believe that a man like you would choose me over someone so much more beautiful and --,"

"No, Jillian," he said, his voice catching me off guard. "She doesn't even compare to you. She's not worthy enough. I don't even want to talk about her anymore." He walked around the bar counter to me, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers. "You are mine, no one else. You are the most important thing in my life, understand?"

I nodded, and he leaned down to place a gentle kiss to my forehead. I pouted to give him the hint, and he smirked, leaning back down to press a kiss to my lips. As he began sucking on my bottom lip, I relished in the feeling of his touch again. His placed his hands on either side of my face, holding me still as his mouth attacked mine.

"God," he huffed as he pulled away. "I missed this more than you can imagine."

*

I still felt awful the entire day as I rested at Harry's. Even though I had apologized, it felt like the atmosphere was a little more on edge than usual. I tried to push away any memories of that day I was a complete idiot, but you can't always forget the mistakes you make.