Part 38

1M reads

I'm crying

but in a cool way

Word count: 2467

________________________________

The week of Christmas, Harry and I spent decorating the apartment. He said he hadn't done it in a while because he had so much Christmas decor but no one to help him put it around the house. He had tinsel upon tinsel, twinkling lights galore, tons of little snowmen, and an enormous tree.

I replaced his regular cream-colored throw pillows on the couch with some white pillows with glitter snowflakes as he was busy wrapping tinsel and lights on the railings of the stairs. We decided to wait until after lunch to set up the tree and decorate it, since it would take a fair amount of time given how big it was.

Once Harry had walked into the living room to retrieve some more decor, I decided to go make myself some coffee to wake myself up a little more. I offered to make Harry some as well, but he declined and said he'd have some tea in a little bit.

I walked into the kitchen to turn on the coffee machine and stood there for a long while waiting for the coffee to brew. I suddenly heard buzzing behind me, and I turned around to see Harry's phone lit up on the counter. I didn't want to snoop, but Lord knows how nosy I am. I checked to make sure he couldn't see me before I leaned over and looked at the text message.

From: Emma Warren
Hey! I'm in London today to visit some relatives so I figured I'd stop by and say hi while I'm here. Are you free any time later this afternoon?

I rolled my eyes. I could feel the jealousy rising in me as I poured myself some coffee. I almost wanted to swipe the message away and hope he doesn't see it in time so it would be too late to make any plans, but I didn't want to be that person. I grabbed his phone and walked into the living room, seeing him put stockings up on the fireplace. There was a red one with a golden H embroidered into the furry, white fabric, and then another red stocking was hung next to it: a golden J was sewn into that one as well. I smiled as he turned around, and he matched my grin.

"My mum made mine so I asked her to make you one as well." He said, his hands behind his back. I bit my lip, set my coffee cup down on the side table and walked over to him, standing on my tip-toes to kiss his cheek.

"I love it. Thank you."

"Of course, darling." He said, and kissed my lips. He then looked down at my hand and frowned. "Why do you have my phone?"

I looked down and awkwardly replied, "Oh, uh, you left it in the kitchen. Apparently, someone is trying to get a hold of you."

I handed it to him and he looked at the message, rolling his lips between his teeth and scrunching his eyebrows before swiping the message away and stuffing his phone into his pocket.

"You're not going to reply?" I frowned.

He rolled his eyes with a smirk as he wrapped his arms around me. "All I want to do today is spend time with my baby girl."

I felt my heart flutter and smiled into his chest, wrapping my arms around his toned torso as well. Later that day, we put up the tree, completed with Harry picking me up and awkwardly holding me high enough to place the star on top of the tree because apparently ladders were "overrated."

Once the house looked like the entire North Pole had thrown up on it, I plopped myself down on the couch, thinking about how I would be getting Harry's gift -- what the hell should I even get him that he doesn't already have?