Chapter 8

Chris's POV

Chris's POV

While me and the rest of Alpha team were patrolling the deserted streets of Seattle, all of us heard what sounded like a car crash, coming from the other side of the building just up ahead.

"Captain, did you hear that?" Piers asked me.

"Yes, we should check it out immediately. There could be survivors over there that need our help. All right, you know the drill. So let's move out!" I ordered.

"Yes sir!" Everybody replied in unison.

We all continued on, being more cautiously and aware of our surroundings, treading to where the sound of crash came from. I sneaked up to the side of the building, leaning back against the wall. I motioned my team to halt behind me, as they all caught up to me. With my rifle in hand, I swiftly glanced over the side, checking for any hostiles. As I peered over, I immediately spotted the crash sight off the side of the road.

Inside the wrecked vehicle, there was a girl sitting upfront. Resting her head on top of the dashboard, unconscious and possibly injured from the crash. While there were a group of infected heading towards it. Two hostiles were already at the car pounding on it persistently with their fists—trying to get in. Overall, there were a total of ten infected in sight, possibly more within range. I pressed my finger onto my comm link, reporting in.

"Chris to HQ. Survivors have been located in the quarantine zone. Over."

"Copy that. What's the status on your location?"

"We're in the southeastern part of the city. B.O.W.s have been spotted just up ahead," I reported in.

"Copy that. Proceed with extreme caution. Over and out."

I motioned Piers to come forward first with his sniper rifle, along with the rest of the team. "I've spotted the crash sight. just up ahead. There's a survivor knocked out unconscious inside the vehicle. There's also infected in the area too. So here's the plan. Piers, you'll snipe the two hostiles at the crash sight, while the rest of us take out the other infected in the area as quickly and as effectively as possible. So, let's roll out!" I whispered to my team.

Piers carefully sneaked over to a nearby vehicle—hiding behind it. He cocked his rifle, as he adjusted the scope and aimed at his first target. Everybody else readied their assorted weapons, as I motioned my hand to signal the count down. I counted down in my head, as I did with my fingers.

Three...

Two...

One...

Now!

Piers fired the first shot at his targets, hitting both in the head, and killing them in the process. The sounds of the echoing gun shots caught the rest of their attention—changing their course to over towards us instead.The rest of the team, including myself, came out of hiding and fired our guns at the rest of the hostiles in the area. Eliminating all of them within a matter of seconds. After the hostiles were taken cared of, we moved out into the area with extreme caution. Performing a perimeter check like usual protocol. Once we all checked the entire area, I shouted to my men,