Chapter 15

***Author's Note***

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe this story now has over 400 views and still going strong!!! 💗💗💗 Thanks a lot guys!!! I hope you're loving the story so far!!! Don't forget to comment & like!

Peace out homies! ✌🏻

❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈

Laura's POV

"How long until we arrive at your safe house Ada?" I inquired, while she was still driving on the freeway. Passing by countless infected wandering the roads and numerous wrecked vehicles along the way.

"In approximately ten to fifteen minutes Laura, it won't be long," Ada replied, using a reassuring tone of voice.

I leaned back into my car seat, in an attempt to relax. After everything I've been through in the past short couple of hours, I was very exhausted, but I still felt exuberant at the same time from all that running and fighting. My limbs were as sore as hell, throbbing with fatigue. I'm practically drenched in sweat and blood, and all I wanted to do right now was take a shower and then sleep. At least get a couple of hours of a peaceful night's sleep. It was all very tiring, yet I could still feel the remaining adrenaline coursing through my whole body. Preventing me from falling asleep completely.

"You alright kiddo?" Rebecca inquired, as she glanced over at me.

"Yeah. Just tired from all of this right now, that's all," I replied, as I yawned softly.

"Try to get some sleep Laura, you're gonna need it," Tyler added.

I nodded my head at both of them, as I slowly closed my eyes. Resting my head against the side of the vehicle. Even if I wasn't able to fall asleep completely, just closing my eyes for just a few minutes did help me conserve what was left of my strength. I started to drift off, until I was awoken and startled by the sound of multiple gun shots, a windshield shattering, and a bloodcurdling scream.

I opened my eyes straight away. Peering in front of me and seeing the front windshield of the SUV completed shattered. With bits and pieces of it scattered all over upfront. I rapidly shifted my gaze over to Rebecca, while she was clutching the lower right side of her abdomen in pain.

Rebecca took out a medium-sized pad from her first aid kit attached to her utility belt, applying it to a certain spot on her abdomen. I sat up from my seat—glancing at the lower right side of Rebecca's abdomen. Seeing a small red velvet dot start to form, as it got bigger and bigger by the second. Traveling down her shirt and spilling onto her pants.

It was blood.

Rebecca was bleeding and trying to control it. By using both of her gloved hands—holding the pad onto her abdomen and applying constant pressure to the wound. Suppressing most of the bleeding to the best of her ability. I started freaking out a little about what just happened, not knowing how to react to it.