Chapter 44

***Author's Note***

Hey guys! 👋 I have some good news and bad news to share with all of you. The good news is that I'm not dead, I've actually have been trying really to work hard on this book, despite how little time I have to do so. 📝 The bad news is that school starts next week for me, and you know what that means. . .

Slower updates! 😢

Trust me, I'm not happy about it either, but school is school. 😡 And there's nothing I can do about it but to endure it. 😞 I hope y'all enjoy the rest of your summer and have a good day!

Peace out peeps! ✌🏻

❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈

Laura's POV

I rapidly dashed down through one of the corridors inside the Umbrella research facility; my blood-stained boots clattering along the metal flooring, with my AK-12 223 rifle in hand. My hair was a complete mess, all oily with several blonde tendrils sticking out from all over my head. My skin was coated in a thick layer of perspiration, as a couple drops of sweat trickled down my forehead.

Both my shirt and my pants were virtually covered with rips, tears, and blood. Mostly blood; my blood. As I running down the corridor, I kept hearing his incessant footsteps trailing far behind me. Echoing throughout the rest of the forsaken facility.

"Come out, come out wherever you are Laura! You can't hide forever, daughter!" He stated aloud, as I ran for my very life.

While I scampered through the darkened hallway, I tripped over three bodies that I didn't notice before, coated in a thin layer of dried blood and lying on the floor. I ended up landing face flat on the floor, scraping my left cheek in the process. I hurriedly used my arms, raising the upper half of my body and getting back up. I winced and groaned uncontrollably in pain, as blood gushed from the new cut. Spilling down my pale cheek and onto my black v-neck shirt.