Chapter 42

Laura's POV

Laura's POV

"Well, well, well. Look who is it... It's my father," I spoke using a malicious tone of voice, as I aimed the Sentinel Nine handgun at him. Not feeling hesitant in any way, shape, or form to shoot the blonde bastard. Longing to put a bullet in his brain, even if it doesn't end up actually killing him.

Wesker glanced down at me, his expression emotionless and bleak as usual. "Hello Laura. How are you feeling—?"

"What the hell are you doing here you prick? Huh? To try kidnapping me again!?" I hissed at him, not caring how loud I was being at the moment.

A sudden rage to build up inside of me; my grip over the gun in hand tightened immensely. 'Seriously!?! First, he killed my adoptive mother! Second, unleashed a biohazard upon my hometown on my sixteenth birthday. Ended up killing thousands of innocent people, including Tyler's parents!! Not to mention almost killing him as well. Third, he kidnapped my birth mother and possibly killed her as well!!! Now he's fucking asking me how I feel right now!!!! Is he that fucking oblivious, even though he's considered the most intellectual bioterrorist of all time!!!!' I thought angrily to myself. 'Oh this son of a bitch is so dead...' Whilst I was enclosing my finger over the trigger, my eyes started to become inflamed once again. Blinking away the salty tears that were brimming in my eyes.

"Laura, calm down. I just came here to talk, not to kidnap you. Since you and I both know by now that's out of the cards. If I wanted to, I would've already done so." He took another step forward, cautiously treading closer to me.

"Stop!" He halted in place. "Take one more step and I'll shoot," I threatened—feeling the veins from within my head to my toes beginning to dilate. Pumping my entire body full of adrenaline once again.

"Laura, put the gun down." I shook my head at him; tears persistently pouring down my cheeks as I kept the handgun trained on him.

"Even if you choose to shoot me, you already know that won't kill me," He reminded, as if I didn't know already. "Look, I understand that you're beyond upset with me, and I don't blame you either. If just put the gun down, I'll explain everything to you, and answer any questions you may have. Just put the gun down." Wesker gingerly took another step forward, reaching my bed.

I held the gun high up—pointing the muzzle directly at his forehead. When I was about to pull the trigger, for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do it. No matter how much I wanted to, I had every reason to kill this bastard; to pull back the trigger until I've unloaded the entire magazine of bullets into him.

But deep down, within my human heart, a small part of me knew that he had some small amount of good still somewhere within him. Even if was as small as a speck of dust. Regardless of how upset or pissed I feel right now, I still can't let my emotions get the best of me. Not this time. So killing him would be the irrational thing to do right now, that'll have to wait until later.