Chapter 14

Chris's POV

Chris's POV

Jessica winked at me, before turning around and disappearing from the window. "Parker! Piers! Scott! Jackson! She's getting away, go after her!!! The rest of you, stay with me," I ordered them straightaway, as I was still kneeling down on the ground beside Flint.

"Okay, come on guys! Hurry!" Piers affirmed as he, Parker, Jackson, and Scott went inside the building to go after Jessica.

"Captain..." Flint steadily sat up. His entire body spasming and convulsing in pain.

I tried to help him while he was in so much pain, only to get pushed back by him.

"Get away from me...!" Flint shouted, as he shoved me away from him. To prevent me from getting close too to him

Flint's skin was starting turning a rotten shade of grey, covered in a thin layer of perspiration as his veins suddenly dilated and turned from blue to reddish-black. His eyes were becoming entirely blood red, as he began coughing up a lot of blood onto the ground and all over his bulletproof vest. Clutching his stomach in agonizing pain.

"Shoot me... I-I don't want to become one of those things... Please..." Flint pleaded, as he weakly glanced up at all of us. Tears of blood pouring down his face.

I took a deep breath and stood up, nodding at Flint. I pulled out my Nine-Oh-Nine pistol, reluctantly aiming it at Flint. For a second, I was hesitant to shoot him, as flashback of my fallen comrades flooded through my mind. Like Marco, Finn, Kirk, and others I've lost throughout my life on the battlefield. Right now I can't think about them, or else I won't focus of my mission now. I can't let those memories haunt me for the rest of my life. I pushed those thoughts aside—pulling back the hammer of my gun.

"Thank you..." Flint muttered his final words to me, right as I pulled the trigger.

After I shot him, his body fell limp to the ground. Blood began spilling out of the bullet hole in his head and seeping onto the ground beneath him.

Piers's POV

"Parker! Piers! Scott! Jackson! She's getting away, go after her!!! The rest of you stay with me." Chris ordered all of us.

"Okay, come on guys! Hurry!" I shouted at Scott and Jackson, as they lagged behind Parker and I.

The four of us rushed into the colossal, elaborate hotel. "Alright, Parker and I'll go after her. When Parker and I lead her down the main staircase, you two will cut her off there. Got it?" I explained the plan to the guys. They all nodded quickly in response.

"Okay, Parker let's go!" The two of us began sprinting up main set of stairs, while Scott and Jackson got into position at the bottom of the staircase.

***

After searching for Jessica within the hotel, Parker and I managed to track her down on the third floor. The two of us began chasing after her, through a B.O.W. infested hallway. Pushing and shooting our way through them.