Chapter 13

Laura's POV

Laura's POV

Right when Lily and I were about to make a left turn and go back through the long hallway, I quickly stopped. Pulling Lily to the side of the wall with me, as I leaned my back against it.

"What's wrong?" She inquired, keeping her her down.

I held my finger up to my lips—motioning her to be quiet. I swiftly glanced over the side of the wall, peering down the long hallway. Spotting multiple infected sauntering lazily around the desolate area. Their hungry moans and groans resonating throughout the whole hallway.

I have not a damn clue how they got there, but now's there was a big ass horde of them. Blocking our exit out of here. As I gazed over at them, not a single one of them seemed to notice our presence. I quietly sigh in relief. 'Crap! There goes the easy way out of here. Looks like we're gonna have to take the long way out now.'

I redirected my gaze back down at Lily—motioning her to follow me. Keeping a soft but good grip on her hand. We treaded through the office area, and ended up locking ourselves in the chief of police's office. So I could make a quick important phone call. I took out the spare PDA Rebecca gave me, calling her and getting of ahold of her right away. While Lily sat in the office chair at the desk, playing silently with her teddy bear.

"Hey Rebecca, it's Laura. Things just got more complicated," I informed her over the phone.

"Same here. After you left, a lot of infected broke through the hole in the door that you crawled through. Overwhelming us. But most importantly, we all managed to get out unharmed."

"Okay then, I found the girl. She's alright. We'll meet you guys at the front entrance as soon as we can."

"Bad idea Laura. There's a massive horde of infected already there. Trying to get in from the other side of the door. Thanks to that plank that was there, Tyler locked the door in place. Preventing them from getting inside. It'll hold them off for now, but not for long."

"Alright, where do want to meet up then?" I questioned her.

"Meet us at the back door with the large red 'exit' sign. It's located at the back of the building, and it shouldn't be too far from where you are. Gotta go." Rebecca then hanged up.

I felt Lily gently tap my thigh as I hung up—looking down at her. "Is that a phone?"

I nodded my head at her.

"Can I please use it?" She asked, using a polite tone of voice.

"Of course sweetie," I answered. "Who do you want to call?"

"I want to call Mommy," She replied with a hint of enthusiasm.

"That sounds like a good idea. Do you know her number?"