Chapter 22

***Author's Note***

Holy crap guys!!! I can't stop freaking out, because this story now officially has reached over 1k views!!!!! 💗😂😱😂💗 A thousand views!!! This wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for all of you guys, the readers. Thanks a lot guys!!! Really, from the bottom of my heart. 💗 I can't thank you all enough for this. Also, I entered this story into the Wattys 2017, and it's my first time participating in it. Don't forget to comment & like!

Peace out peeps! ✌🏻

❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈

| 10:37 pm |

Laura's POV

"Dammit!" I muttered to myself, not caring whether I was being loud or not. While I was losing my nerve, Tyler was sitting at the desk, working diligently and tirelessly to regain access to the computer's database and get back into the mainframe system.

I pressed my finger over my comm link, feeling like I'm about to have a panic attack at any moment now. "Chris, do you read me?! Over."

"I copy Laura. Where are you?! Are you still in the office with Tyler?!?" He inquired over the link, using an overwrought tone of voice.

"Yes Chris. I'm still in the office with Tyler, because we got locked in here when the lockdown sequence activated."

"Same here. We're stuck in the lab, and now we can't get to Claire with the lockdown sequence operational," Piers stated the obvious.

"I know, I can see that. Tyler is trying to deactivate it right now. Unfortunately, that's not even the worst of it, we've got company. Uncle Chris, they're the same operatives that've been after me this whole time. Right from the very start. Over," I informed them, pacing around in circles in the office.

When I didn't get a response from Chris or Piers, I halted in place. I couldn't help but panic even more; only hearing nothing, nothing but static on the other side. "Piers! Uncle Chris! Do you read me!? Over."

Nothing... Not a single word.

"Tyler," I turned around, facing the brunette. "can you get a hold of Piers and Chris?! I think I just lost contact with them."

Tyler paused for a moment—lifting his hands off the keyboard and pressing two fingers against his comm link. To see if he was able to get a hold of the guys. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to. Tyler glanced over at me, shaking his head. 'Fuck. We've been cut off! What now!?' I mentally freaked out, while making an effort to come up with a plan to break out of the security office.